Best bag for the front of a Brommie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Any thoughts?

I'd really like to get one and like the S Bag but wonder if there are any good third-party bags?

What do you all use?

Cheers,

Mel

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
http://www.brooksengland.com/en_uk/cycle-bags/moorgate-briefcase-1.html

Stylish, useful, extremely good quality, made by the king of saddles. What more can you want?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have the S bag and I like it but I am fiddling about with making my own bags fit to the frame.
An ortlieb front city roller works really well ....

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I have the mini o bag from Ortlieb

images.jpg

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I have a C-Bag, probably overkill for what I carry, but it is large enough to open up the possibility of doing overnight trips. The Brompton luggage is well made & thought out - my bag has been going strong since 2009.

There are also these, for something a bit different;
http://upsobags.co.uk/recycled-bike-bags/ferrybridge-folder-brompton
Just out of interest do you need a frame for these to sit on as i notice in the pictures it appears to be resting on something?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Just out of interest do you need a frame for these to sit on as i notice in the pictures it appears to be resting on something?
Yep, they need a Brompton luggage frame (not included :/ )
T-Bag here. Will carry 6 bottles of wine, a weeks worth of touring luggage or quite a lot of shopping. It's my most used bike bag.
The old joke used to run that once you'd folded the bike, you'd pop it in the T-Bag, they are massive :smile:

Arellcat

"Best bag" is tricky, because the best one is the one that does what you need in a given situation. For me, it's a dead heat between the C-bag, which is large enough for work trips and A4 papers but small enough to be slung over my shoulder when I walk down the aisle of a train, and my custom front rack (since refined and productionised by Kinetics) that carries my Carradice Super C front panniers, which don't do A4 but also don't need waterproof covers when it rains. I once adapted my old Halfords handlebar bag to fit the Brompton luggage block; practically speaking it worked fine, but it was too small and too low down.

The UPSO bags are neat, though. They're made in the Carradice factory, which is why they use their fixing system.

The best front bag might actually be one you already own, hooked onto a Brompton bag frame. I've used a touring saddle bag in that way before, and would really rather like Carradice to make a Super C version of their Stockport bag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom