Best birthday present

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
More New bikes than I have hooks for. Even better than that is the she has been there for the last 42 of my birthdays.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hubster got me a Planet X Pro Carbon for my 50th. I did have to wait a month to collect it but worth the wait.

Years and years ago, my Aunt bought me a pair of fleece fingerless mitts, before fleeces were available as cheaply as they are now, must have been mid 90s or so. Mitts originally had grippy stuff on the palms but that has long since gone. I still wear them daily and love them and they have been the best birthday present ever.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
itinery.jpg
Coaching & Ride Structure We will be offering a number of supported and coached rides each day. There is no obligation to take part in these – if you’d rather do your own thing and plan your own rides/routes either solo or in groups, then please feel free to do so. Likewise, if you’d rather relax by the pool with a book and a cocktail, then please go ahead! However, for those that want them, the following rides will be run (approximate ride times are given where appropriate). These will take in all the terrain that the region has to offer, and .gpx files will be made available before departure so that everyone has the routes available for their Garmins. All morning rides start at 9am prompt from the hotel. The start times for afternoon rides will be confirmed on the day. We will aim to provide a de-brief of the day’s ride, and a briefing of the following day’s ride each evening before dinner. Please aim to attend these briefings if you attend the organised rides. They won’t take long, but they will ensure that everyone knows the plan and can give feedback on how the rides went/how they can be improved for following days. To ensure that group numbers are appropriate, Watto will allocate riders into groups each day depending on who is riding. These groups won’t be the same each day, so riders who are improving will be able to move up a group, and riders who need an easier day will have a chance to move down a group. am pm Saturday Short post-flight spin (1-2hrs) Sunday Long ride (~6hrs) Monday Hill repeats (~3hrs) Crit Training Tuesday Long ride (~6hrs) Wednesday Recovery “café” ride (~2-3hrs) Thursday Steady ride (3hrs) Time trial Friday Long ride incl Handicap Race (4-5hrs)

stephec

Legendary Member
Apart from the failure of the bean/egg interface that looks top class.

As it was your birthday though a pint to wash it down with would've topped it off perfectly. :smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
oi @Fab Foodie ......what did you get for your 70th birthday today? I bet you had some pretty good presents.
From my younger daughter for when I got up this morning :-)

IMG_6538.JPG

I've had a couple of books (large print of course) and a Fred Perry polo shirt. However the best is yet to come when I return from Russia to Deal at the end of the week.
:okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
From my younger daughter for when I got up this morning :-)

View attachment 336382

I've had a couple of books (large print of course) and a Fred Perry polo shirt. However the best is yet to come when I return from Russia to Deal at the end of the week.
:okay:

Steady on, this could quite easily fall into the, 'TMI,' category. :biggrin:

Big Wave is an excellent beer choice, your daughter has good taste.

Top Bottom