Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Shopping

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • S-Bag

• Brompton Bureau

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
It's good to see someone keeping the traditional crafts alive. There are not many of them around any more. And thinking about it, I think it would attach ok. I'd be a little worried about the basket tilting up going over a bump. My other fear is things jumping out cycling off a kerb or down a pothole. Also, I'm male and can't be seen dead cycling with something like that.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Here's a review of the Carradice City Folders with video. Not bad, still don't like the colour.

Yellow Fang said:
It's good to see someone keeping the traditional crafts alive. There are not many of them around any more. And thinking about it, I think it would attach ok. I'd be a little worried about the basket tilting up going over a bump. My other fear is things jumping out cycling off a kerb or down a pothole. Also, I'm male and can't be seen dead cycling with something like that.

Mrs dmoan had one made last year - attaches to the front clip using the same frame (bought seperately) as the usual bags and attaches to the frame using nice leather straps and buckles. It is no more likely to move than any other bag!

It is deeper than you might think and nothing has jumped out yet. It took a few weeks to be made, but ordering was simple (email followed by PayPal) and it arrived safe and sound.

It is a bit girly though, but it wouldn't stop me from collecting some milk and a Chinese takeaway from the local shops!

Crankarm

Guru
The old Touring Pannier is best with a full steel frame, no plastic bits to cut costs and reduce stength.

Why Ortlieb couldn't produce a fully waterproof version of the Touring pannier since they already make the well renouned Roller Classics, I don't know. Their offering seems to have a flip lid and handle on top. The touring bag is carried by the handle of the frame not the bag itself which Ortlieb seem to want one to do.

Top Bottom