Best cheapish 3G phone for Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shinigami

My gf has strava but has an iphone. I dont fancy getting an iphone but was wondering what cheapish 3G phones would work with strava. Was looking at a Samsung Galaxy Ace, advice please :smile:

Joffey

Big Dosser
I've found Strava is crap on android. My advice would get a cheap iPhone.

Tight Git

Veteran
Have used my galaxy ace 2 and an orange San Francisco with endomondo and they both worked really well. Never could see ant difference to my garmin 800 tbh

U

User6179

I've found Strava is crap on android. My advice would get a cheap iPhone.

That's what I found as well but endomondo works fine on android and you just upload the gpx file to strava :thumbsup:

NabbotCycle

Strava runs absolutely fine on my Galaxy Ace. You do get a bit of a lag when moving around the app, but all I do is press record at the start of the ride and stop at the end, so it's not an issue. If I want to look at the detail I either accept the slight lag or look on the PC. Nowadays you can get them on contract for £7.50 a month, which appeals to the mean careful side of me.

OP
OP
shinigami

shinigami

That's what I found as well but endomondo works fine on android and you just upload the gpx file to strava :thumbsup:

put endomondo on my phone but how do you upload gpx file to strava ?

paul04

Über Member
Strava works fine on android phones. A friend of mine has a cheap alcatel phone from Argos, think it was £40 and strava works fine on it.
I used it on my old htc desire c, with no problems.

OP
OP
shinigami

shinigami

Thanxs to everyone put edomondo & strava on my PC & edomondo on my HTC Wildfire ! Tried it and transferred app to strava, thanks everyone :smile:

Top Bottom