best Christmas present as a kid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Bike.

Chrisc

Guru
Close run thing. Another vote for my Dad built fort with working drawbridge and portcullis and my Vindec Sprint Veloce five speed bike with green bluemels mudguards, simplex gears, green and gold paint and drop bars. Fantastic!

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Aperitif said:
Betta Bilda - the roof tiles were elegant and the size of bricks more interesting than clumsy Lego!:eek:

Crikey, I was telling my younger colleagues about the joys of BettaBilda only yesterday. I kept mine in the Jacobs Crackers tins we used to get every Christmas.

This, however, holds a place in my heart - A delightful mix of bearing balls, elastic bands and shove-halfpenny...

4196438361_eee7f8b4c3_o.jpg

Attachments

• 4196438361_eee7f8b4c3_o.jpg
    4196438361_eee7f8b4c3_o.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 28

Weegie

A tough call between this...

totalcontrolracing.jpg

..this...

knievel+12.jpg

...or this!

raleigh_chopper_01_350x350.jpg

Attachments

• knievel+12.jpg
    knievel+12.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 21
  • raleigh_chopper_01_350x350.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 17

Globalti

Legendary Member
Chrisc said:
Close run thing. Another vote for my Dad built fort with working drawbridge and portcullis and my Vindec Sprint Veloce five speed bike with green bluemels mudguards, simplex gears, green and gold paint and drop bars. Fantastic!

I worked at the factory where Vindec bikes were built.

Chrisc

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
I worked at the factory where Vindec bikes were built.
1974 ish I reckon. It was a cracker! Wish I still had it tho it would be a tad small...where was the factory? It had Weinmann brakes as I recall.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
This is the best ever Christmas present santa brought me when I was 7 years old:
Mamod_TE1_1965.jpg

Unfortunately my wife let a friend's kid play with it a few years ago and he destroyed it.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Weegie said:
A tough call between this...

totalcontrolracing.jpg

..this...

knievel+12.jpg

...or this!

I got all of those too! ironically didnt like my chopper much as my big brother had a BMX and he used to tie washing baskets to the front and tell me it was a girls bike!

Attachments

• raleigh_chopper_01_350x350.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 19
  • knievel+12.jpg
    knievel+12.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 9

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Aperitif said:
Many folk have commented on their dislike of your Chopper Wigsie.
You can only hope that this sort of info does not find its way back to my very good friend MacB...:laugh:

Ok, perhaps I could have worded that slightly better and have left myself somewhat open for mocking. I am sure Al's ears were twitching as he does love a chopper does MacB! As for my fruedian slip, I am sure he will be as kind and sensitive as he always is! :smile:

Top Bottom