Best film scene

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Brassed Off, the opening scene. It is darkness, there is a 'BLEEEEEEWWWWW' of the of the Pit hooter/whistle and you then see the guys coming up out of the pit, starting with their headlamps being out of focus as a series of dancing dots, slowly coming into focus as they approach the camera through the darkness. You then see them getting in the lifts, before getting showered down etc and then leaving for the day, all complete with banter, and to the sound of a Brass Band playing... what is the music??

The Launch scene from Apollo 13, particularly the point where it shows you a side on shot of the entire Saturn 5 Rocket streaking through the ever darkening atmoshere at several thousand miles per hour. The rockets were HUGE, but in this scene, it looks tiny and just illustrates just how small and insignifcant these guys were, as well as emphasising the incredible speed they were actually travelling at (17,500 MPH just to leave Earth).

The 'Define Dancing' scene from Wall - E.

There are plenty of others, such as the full taxiing and taking off scene of the B - 36 in Strategic Air Command (a real life, truly historical film caught in glorious Technicolour, complete with Jimmy Stewart. Soon it was all gone and B - 52s were in charge forevermore. If you want to see a B - 36 and the last gasp of the great American Propellor driven bombers, just watch the film!
I often wonder if the people making the film knew that what they were filming was soon to be confined to the history books - the B - 36 was the last of the great WW2 stlye bomber types).

I'll think of more later.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Alien - most of the entire film actually but my fave bit is where they first find the egg chambers and Hurts character looks into the egg as it opens :biggrin:

Das Boot - "Its a long way, to Tipperary!" hehe i think in that tho my fave scene is them all shell shocked to hell during the depth charging and sinking scene "We're sinking!"

Dune: actually too many to mention... but i think the waters of life scene for paul Mu'Adib is excellent no to mention the sand worm eating the spice harvester!

13th warrior: where they're all about to face battle and they recite the nordic prayer
Buliwyf: 'Lo, there do I see my father.Herger the Joyous: 'Lo, there do I see My mother, and my sisters, and my brothers.Herger the Joyous: 'Lo, there do I see The line of my people...Edgtho the Silent: Back to the beginning.Weath the Musician: 'Lo, they do call to me.Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: They bid me take my place among them.Buliwyf: In the halls of Valhalla...Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Where the brave...Herger the Joyous: May live...Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: ...forever.

Independence day: where it ends...

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The scene at the end of Midnight Cowboy where the Jon Voigt character gets rid of his cowboy clothes, a waitress immediately takes a shine to him, then gets back on the bus to explain to Ratzo about doing outdoor work, just to find out Ratzo's died.

The scene in The Big Lebowski where the John Goodman character smashes up what he thinks is some obnoxious kid's car with a baseball bat.

The scene in Reservoir Dogs where the names are being assigned, and Mr Pink doesn't like his.

Mr Phoebus

The nunchaku scene in Enter the Dragon. (the one that's always cut out on TV)

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnBLYe_QKo[/media]

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Wow!..where does one start?. Okay,here are a few of my faves:

Jaws - the unexpected shock moment when the severed head pops out of the hole in the boat. I saw this with my parents back in '75. I've never seen so much airborne popcorn :biggrin:

The Italian Job - the classic car chase and, of course, the best line ever, "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Star Trek:The Motion Picture - The Enterprise launch sequence and the trippy wormhole bit. Today, it would be CGI, but technically brilliant for the time (1978) as it was all done optically onto film.

Top Bottom