Best gig you've seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Mine gotta be the specials@brixton last year. I was a massive fan as a kid but never got the chance to see them live. Soon as the curtain dropped and the first tune started I was transported back to my youth of Fred Perry,s , waffle trousers ( ask ya Dad kids ) tassled brogues and a draw full of only white socks.
And yes I had a tear in my eye...........:rofl:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Hot bananas, roadhouse manchester, new years eve 1992. Outrageous.

Greedo

bhoyjim said:
The Wolfetone's at the Barra's, what a night.

I saw them once there and found the whole experience horrible to be honest. Like the music but the ned element there the night I was there was frightening

wafflycat

Different gigs for different reasons. The Stones at StJames's Park years ago. Excellent. At the other end of the size range, at a small venue in Norwich, Otis Grand set the place alight with his blues.

TheDoctor said:
Queen at Knebworth. Last gig they ever did :biggrin:

Was there as well, but the Silver Clef Award Winners gig as Knebworth 4 years later was better.

MrRidley

Greedo said:
I saw them once there and found the whole experience horrible to be honest. Like the music but the ned element there the night I was there was frightening

We obviously come from different parts of Glasgow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Damn fine band indeed... seen many a time when in the UK.
Great shame they split.. hope you checked out The Nightmarchers?

dragon72 said:
Rocket from the Crypt in the Bowery Ballroom, NYC. Very entertaining.

Greedo

bhoyjim said:
We obviously come from different parts of Glasgow.

Maybe not. I had just grown out of a lot of the stuff by then. Maybe cause the girlfriend at the time was a bluenose ;)

MrRidley

Greedo said:
Maybe not. I had just grown out of a lot of the stuff by then. Maybe cause the girlfriend at the time was a bluenose ;)

You can never grow out of the party tunes, BTW my missus is one of them, so my house is quite fun at times :biggrin:

Greedo

bhoyjim said:
You can never grow out of the party tunes, BTW my missus is one of them, so my house is quite fun at times ;)

So's mine!! Not an active one and never been to a game but still one all the same. her Dad was and sisters husband and all them are. Fun at times. Party tunes are still great but the people who knew nothing about what they were singing was just a bit horrible as there were about 20 of them just begging to start a rammy with anyone including in there.

Top Bottom