Best Hardtail for around £800?

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by thomas wad 1980, 11 Aug 2012.

1. thomas wad 1980

thomas wad 1980 New Member

Hi<
    I am about to buy replace my mountain bike, I would be interested in your recomendations for a good bike for around the £800 mark....not too keen on Sram, 60% ride to work, 40% off road use. I like the look of the Cube Acid & Cube ltd, I look forward to reading your feedback.

Cheers
    Tom

2. Cubist

Cubist Still wavin' Moderator

If you can afford the Ltd then go for that. The Acid is lovely but Ltd series have a better frame and fork and is more of a sporty hardtail. Same money check Canyon Grand Canyon 6.0. SLX drivetrain and Reba fork... Nice.

Tip. If you go for a Cube try bike- discount.de for the best prices in Europe.

I have a ltd.

3. Steve-W

Steve-W Well-Known Member

Blimey....only one reply...
    The Grand Canyon 6.0 mentioned above does look like a nice bit of kit, have you looked at the Focus mtb's? The Cannondale SL1 looks a good bike also ! I am sure other members must have some good suggestions for you !

4. Cyclist33

Cyclist33 Guest

40% offroad... Get a hybrid instead?

5. Steve-W

Steve-W Well-Known Member

If his 40% offroad is going to be in demanding conditions then maybe the mountain bike will be more suitable ????

6. andrew waite

andrew waite Regular

Edinburgh Cycle are having a sale this coming weekend check it out you may get a bargain, I got the Revolution Triad 1 from there great spec.

7. tigger

tigger Über Member

I've got a 1 year old On One carbon whippet with full SLX which I'm just about to sell. 20inch frame. Looking for £500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice