Best HD cam for back to back helmet mounting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Firm Button

I am getting a little apprehensive about riding on UK roads and streets after seeing all the vids on youtube and post on here and other forums where cyclists are abused in some way, and thinking back when i used to cycle and run (20years ago) i remember being spat at occasionally.

So i am thinking about getting a HD camera, but should it look forward or backward or should i get 2 and cover both options. If i did get 2, maybe have them back to back, or on opposite sides of my helmet? I suppose that would balance them out. But if i did go this route which would be most effective/cost effective?

Steve

benb

Evidence based cyclist
If you want a rear facing camera, I'd mount it on the bike rather than your helmet.

BSRU

A Human Being
If you want a rear facing camera, I'd mount it on the bike rather than your helmet.

+1 as you will miss things when looking behind at the potential hazard, I tried it and it was not successful.

If your going to buy you need to have a reasonable idea of your budget, not only for the camera's but for the memory cards.

Do not be too swayed by the YouTube video's, I've cycled 5000 km this year, so a couple of hundred hours of video from each camera, and virtually all of mine are just video's of road users being annoying by their show of ignorance/lack of empathy towards a vulnerable road users safety. Only three are "real" incidents, one agressive driver, one mildly aggressive driver and a road rage incident, and these could happen to any road user not just a cyclist.

Top Bottom