Best helmet cameras for under £50

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I'm sure you could adapt the SJ4000 ..
see Techmoan for reviews HERE
I stuck one on my bars..works quite good..

MikeW-71

Veteran
Aldi did one that was fairly decent, but it may be a rare find. I've seen a few of the ebay ones and they're cheap, but not that impressive for picture quality.

I'd look for a secondhand GoPro HD or get the new £95 GoPro. Great image quality, long battery life and loads of mounts available.

Sham69

Über Member
I don't know what the best sub £50 cycle cam is but, whatever you purchase, my suggestion would be to ensure replacement batteries are available. Li Ion batteries seem to be the weak link in many electronic consumer products.

Reactions: mjr

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I posted about the Storex X 'Trem CSD123 previously and said I'd update how I found it once it arrived. The fully charged battery barely lasted for 45 minutes which is nowhere near the claimed "up to 90 minutes". Its a built in battery so its not like you can pop in a spare - the only option is to recharge which takes over 2 hours. The waterproof case kept fogging up as well.
So although the video quality was good for the price I can't recommend it.

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Mobius camera, 1080p, matchbox size, standard mounting comes with it, <£50, job done.

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/7...e-do-it-all-mount-anywhere-1080p-micro-c.html

PROTIP: Make sure you use the links in there to buy the camera, a few fakes are lurking about, but if you get a genuine one then you'll be very happy with it. I am with mine!

HailshamHoop

Obvious answer but sj4000, get a good 90mins charge, replacement batts cheap, good image quality, only just over your budget at about £65 delivered. Make sure you only buy the SJCAM one as plenty of copies about.

Bought a Sunco Dream2 which was £43 from Amazon, it's a clone of the GoPro Silver, gets good reviews everywhere, comes with every accessory you might need ( waterproof housing loads of different mounts etc...)
I wanted to get into the action cam scene, as I commute daily and wanted the "just in case" covered, As well as for when I go to exotic places and want to take underwater footage/shots, I don't fancy ruining a £500 camera!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IMSMFI2/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1429737835&sr=1&keywords=sunco+dream+2

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bought a Sunco Dream2 which was £43 from Amazon, it's a clone of the GoPro Silver, gets good reviews everywhere, comes with every accessory you might need ( waterproof housing loads of different mounts etc...)
I wanted to get into the action cam scene, as I commute daily and wanted the "just in case" covered, As well as for when I go to exotic places and want to take underwater footage/shots, I don't fancy ruining a £500 camera!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IMSMFI2/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1429737835&sr=1&keywords=sunco+dream+2
How have you found the battery life on it??

Top Bottom