Best Hybrid for £500???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SamN01

SamN01

Crosstrail

I really didn't like its 'look', I don't want front suspension and the tyres were to chunky. I didn't like the handlebar style or the colour scheme. It really did not appeal in any way to be honest.

Purely a personal taste thing I guess!

JonoB

Über Member
I have a Scott Sportster P3. There are cheaper versions than the P3 (P55) but the frame is the same. I'm very pleased with mine although I have changed the tyres to Continental Top Contact (punctures!)
The frames are actually made for Scott by Merida. Check out Merida they may have something you may like.

stevevw

Guru
I use 2 Marins a San Rafael for everyday commute which has 35mm tyres and front suspension. Fast enough on the road and works well on the short unmade path I have to go down. The other is a Fairfax with Carbon forks and 28mm tyres Although I have used this for the commute once it is not so nice on the unmade path, nothing to do with the tyres but the stiffer faster frame and forks makes it a bit harsh. I suppose if I had never had the San Rafael the Fairfax would be fine. So what I am saying is 28mm and 35mm tyres work Ok on tow paths etc. I have taken the 35mm on local bridalways in the summer/dry which was also fine.
Pictures of both here
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22665

OP
OP
SamN01

SamN01

Thanks

Thanks JonoB I like the look of the Scott and the Merida range. I will certainly see if I can see either in the flesh!

I have had to push my Evan's trip back until next week.

S

Top Bottom