Best material for a screen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I have made a 'roof' for the Trice out of a Windwrap front fairing I had laying around.

S1054174_zps0e1d9fb4.jpg

It's perfect for looking through, but a little large, and I want to make something lighter, more 'aero' and something that follows the lines of the rest of the fairing. I have some perspex, but this isn't as clear as the Windwraps material, and has a lot of reflective glare. I'm after something with a bit of flex as well. In fact, I'm after the exact same material that's used in my Windwrap, and Streamer fairings. I can't bring myself to cut up the Windwrap as I may well want to fit it to a future 'bent. Any ideas where I can source this kind of plastic? Cheers, Carl.

stuee147

i had some stuff a few years back that i got to repair a broken window on my old landy it was a large roll about 1m wide and the one i had was about 4m long, all i did with it was use the strong double sided tape that came with it to fix it to the window frame on the outside then just warm it with a hair dryer which made it shrink slightly and remove any creases. i had it on a large side window in the rear of the landy for a couple of months before i replaced it with glass and it worked great and was just as clear as a normal window .
i cant remember the name of the stuff but i got it from my local car windscreen place they used it when they didnt have the right size window so the customer could still use the car. i think i payed about £10 for it from them but it was about 7 or 8 years ago so it would be a bit more pricey now. i have thought of makeing a frame up with 4mm fibreglass rods and covering it with the plastic once shrunk it should (if the frame is right) become quite rigid

stuee

Top Bottom