Best Michelin road tyres for wet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KMKM

Hi,

Been on michelin's website on their tyre guide. But would like some actual experience please.

Which Michelin, 700x25 or 700x23 tyres are best recommended for wet roads and offer some puncture protection (and aren't too bad in the dry)?

Are Pro Race 2's a no no, on wet roads?
Speedium's any good?

Thanks,

CamR

I have the Krylions and have had no issues other than the occasional skid when braking from speed in the wet.

Cam

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I use Pro Race 3's in the summer. They really roll very well. But they do suffer from cuts and sidewall cut problems. As for wet I think they are OK. I usually ride my mudguard bikes in the wet.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have Krylion Carbons in 25c as my winter tyres and never quite trust them in the wet... it may be an irrational fear as I've never come to grief.
Pro-Race 2's were fine in the dry but could get a bit lairy in the wet.
Pro-Race 3's are great wet or dry and are my tyre of choice, but note that thay are a bit cut prone (it may be a Michelin trait), if you live somewhere flinty it may not be the best choice. But they're great on my summer bike and in torrential rain hurtling down fromTan hill they were rock solid grip-wise.

buddha

Veteran
I remember my pre 2009 krylions as being pretty good in wet conditions. However the pair I got in Autumn 2009 seemed like an entirely different tyre. The skin-effect 'tread' was gone and the rubber felt hard and not very grippy. After a few wet rides I stopped using them.
I've switched to Vittoria now (Rubino Pro for dry, Diamante Pro for wet).

Top Bottom