Best mobile phone for cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Garmin are cheap now, particularly the 200's but if you require a phone to actually use as well as tracking bike rides then the s2 does everything you need Laura.

subaqua

What’s the point
Get a good old fashioned Ordinance Survey map and plan ahead :bicycle: Its much more fun
doesn't track your route for you though and give you a big grin on yr face when you realise you did 45mph down that hill that felt really fast :smile:

FWIW I use a blackberry with endomondo on it to track my rides, there are lots of other better handsets though. I have a iphone 4 from work and hate it with a passion - slow n clunky.

OP
OP
L

LauraWatson

Thanks everyone, some good tips for appz here too. As someone who has been known to ride with sandwich bags on the feet to keep warm i can see the logic of bags on phones. I went for s3 mini in the end, 15.50 for more time and texts than i can use plus 500mb data. Not sure how much data the maps will eat. And yes, do love the os maps too, but if i ever do manage the top to bottom ride that might be all my luggage!

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Just used 2 cheap android phones with Endomondo, HTC Wildfire and a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Both worked superbly, the Ace is better as it is faster at other things. Probably do not need anything that fancy, not for Endomondo anyway.

aces_up1504

If you want to use Sat Nav on a android phone, you can now download an area of the map more than big enough for a bike ride. This will save you some valuable data usage.

westofsouth

To deal with the fumble factor - any phone you can attach a lanyard to and suspend round your neck... eg none of them.
However, I do find MMtracker on my HTC useful for confirming my position.

Top Bottom