Best places you've ever cycled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Mallorca, especially in the North of the Island around Pollenca. Beautiful roads, polite drivers and a cycling Mecca!

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Usually go for two weeks every summer and hire the bike out there from Pollenca cycle hire for the full two weeks. End of July can get quite hot so I usually get out on the bike nice and early and aim to be back before the mid day heat kicks in.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
For me, riding along the north coast between Reay and Durness. The views were stunning
DSCF1181.JPG

Also I'm a fan of the Vale of York and up into North Yorkshire. Some lovely cycling around there

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I haven't been anywhere with my bike :cry:
But it's going on holiday with me in June and I hope to go here...
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-77CLW9

That looks like a great place

Lanzarote for me, absolutely loved it.

The locals simply accept cyclists, I presume as some pro teams train on the island in the winter, and of course Lanzarote also hosts one of the most prestigious Iron Man events as well. As a result you are given loads of room by motorists the like of which I've never experienced before.

The main roads all put UK roads to shame, they're like glass in comparison.

The only downsides, (there has to be some right?), are the almost relentless wind and the volcanic aggregate they use for all sorts of purposes. Therefore I had more punctures in two weeks that I normally have in two years, but never the less, I'd go back tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom