Best Rain jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have had my Altura jacket for three seasons and it's seen lots of commutes in dire weather and is still going!

Big Nick

I suppose it depends if you just want a packable thin overjacket or a dedicated outer jacket

I have the latter for commuting and have an Altura Nightvision and thinks its brilliant, 100% waterproof in fairly heavy rain but it wouldn't pack up very small so probably not good for carrying with you as a precaution if the weather turns while you're out

winjim

Smash the cistern
My Gore Fusion 2.0 is the business. Totally waterproof, breathable, can be used as a windproof, has a hood that fits under a helmet and packs down small enough to fit in an old sock and go in my jersey pocket.

I have been having the same issues. The Altura NightVision Evo I got hoping it would be my best option is being returned. I don't like it one bit and have only tried it on in the house (the ladies verison is badly cut, short in the arms, short in the length of the body and very, very wide in the width of the body - also the fabric is really heavy and felt way too warm when putting it on) and once again I find myself drawn back to the ladies version of the Gore Bike Wear Element Goretex Jacket (only it is twice my budget! :cry:)

jayonabike