Best recipes for Christmas leftovers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
We're going to have turkey pie.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There's also the leftover roasted veg and mash to consider, not just the turkey.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Do what we do. Buy a small turkey crown and Bin everything. Life is too short to eat left overs

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Muffins. Savoury muffins. Take a little bit of leftover everything. Chop small. Add some breadcrumbs (left over from bread sauce) and two eggs. Salt pepper pinch of chilli, some sage, some nutmeg, mix, make into balls put into muffin tin.

20 mins 175 then sprinkle with grated parmesan. 10 mins more. Serve with decent chutney. Or good pickles.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Muffins. Savoury muffins. Take a little bit of leftover everything. Chop small. Add some breadcrumbs (left over from bread sauce) and two eggs. Salt pepper pinch of chilli, some sage, some nutmeg, mix, make into balls put into muffin tin.

20 mins 175 then sprinkle with grated parmesan. 10 mins more. Serve with decent chutney. Or good pickles.

Very nice, and just as tasty - if not more so - than the separate ingredients.

My simpler version is to put chopped leftovers in a frying pan then cover them with an inverted side plate.

Fry away for a while, then turn out by inverting the frying pan, leaving a nicely browned shallow 'cake' on the plate.

mash? I thought the potatoes were the horrible fluffed up english potatoes roasted in goose fat. But mash? That just seems like a way of upping the calorie and glycemic values of an already enormous meal.

(yeah, I've never had a 20th/21st century home cooked British Christmas dinner)

Frittata is another good option, chop everything, fry it up and pour eggs over it.

I'd suggest instead of potato cakes, opening a can of tuna, salmon or crab meat and making fish cakes. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.

When you are sick of leftovers, chop and freeze whatever is left, and enjoy it in a months time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Left over veg went into soup this lunchtime. Just added onion and chopped tinned tomatoes. Turkey is still doing the rounds.

I forgot to cook the pork and cranberry stuffing so I rolled some of it in bacon and made pigs in blankets. Didn't tell the kids it was stuffing but they scoffed them down.

Top Bottom