Best recipes for Christmas leftovers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Every Boxing Day I make Jamie Olivers turkey and leek pie. It really is that good. I add a few slices of the Christmas ham as well. Served with cauliflower cheese and leftover roasties, stuffing, the honeyed carrots and parsnips and a fresh batch of Brussels fried in butter as there were none left on Christmas Day.

IMG_1161.JPG

Here's the recipe from Jamie's site

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turkey-recipes/turkey-and-sweet-leek-pie/#cp0cjcFOgGb5TMEG.97

Katherine

Guru
Bubble and Squeak with the potatoes and any green vegetables especially sprouts.

The Ultimate Festive sandwich :
Spread the bread with cold bread sauce, add sliced turkey, ham or bacon, stuffing and a hint of cranberry sauce.

Any left over gravy or stock is used in the turkey fricasee which makes it extra tasty.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
slice it up and freeze it and use at a later date
That's what I've done with some of it.
I've made a well peppered roast veg soup this morning, and frozen most of the turkey slices, mash and other veg for future use.
The cat is also looking quite content! She likes turkey....

Drago

Legendary Member
What's a leftover? Burp!

dim

Just had a snack of some leftover leg of lamb with a good dollop of Reggae Reggae sauce and some fresh crusty bread' a few gherkins, and a dollop of plain Yoghurt

nice .... the Reggae Reggae sauce will be good with cold turkey aswell

keithmac

Guru
Bubble and Squeak with the potatoes and any green vegetables especially sprouts.

Yep, I did bubble and squeak yesterday.

All the leftovers cut up and fried in the pan with some chillies and soy sauce, lovely!.

Luckily the kids like turkey and mayo sandwiches so all's good there!.

Tortilla or frittata is also a good way of using up random veg / bits of meat etc. Another one here for soup, especially as the carcass will make good stock. Also home made pizza - buy the bases if you must, but they're so easy to make from scratch. Or calzone...

Very little food gets wasted here chez Casa Reynard. We don't do turkey here as it's only two humans and two felines, and even the smallest crown or bird is simply too big. And besides, the cats don't like turkey LOL.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yes we have had some in wraps, a soup, pasta, and we are mostly finished left overs (Mr Summerdays saw a small nice turkey reduced on Christmas Eve so added that otherwise we would be finished).

subaqua

What’s the point
what is this "leftover" you speak of.

I know how much I can eat, how much wifey and kids can eat and cook accordingly as fresh cooked veg is so much better than day old stuff

turkey ballotine chosen to do Christmas day , boxing day a nice turkey in tomato sauce and fresh handmade pasta yesterday.

there's enough for 3 more turkey meals in bags in freezer . which will do some nice pies, fajitas etc .

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I only bought a small turkey crown so there was only enough left for sandwiches, however I did make loads of extra buttered cabbage and carrots. With a batch of mash made up from the spare potatoes, and the vegetables grated / chopped into it, I ended up with a big load of bubble and squeak.
Fried in some butter until well browned, with a lightly fried egg on top (so the yolk runs into the mixture when you cut into it), it's the side dish of champions!

Top Bottom