Best ride in England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
This should start you thinking ! in your own opinion , what would you say is the best route you've been on in England .I know i have some lovely rides in middle England where i am but i've got permission to go on some long weekends and would really like to go on some of the lovely scenic routes i know are out there . I know there are some brilliant rides in Wales and Scotland but would rather be on bike for longer than in a car travelling all weekend . Distance on bike isn't an issue as i like 60-100milers and hills ain't too bad as there are lovely views from the top . The sort of rides i am after are very quiet roads as in not through big towns or cities and tarmac all the way - so - where have you been ?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
London to Southwold, across four ferries. Leave London at midnight, take a landing craft from Mersea to Brightlingsea, have breakfast in Harwich, take the ferry to Felixstowe, and then take the ferry to Bawdsey, go up to Walberswick and take the (rowing boat) ferry to Southwold. Go in to the Swan and have a pint of Adnams.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Northumberland coastline - officially an AONB ( Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty)

robjh

Legendary Member
Get a train to Shrewsbury then head south or south-west, towards Bishops castle or Clun. You can go right over the top of the Long Mynd if your legs willl take it - the way up from Bridges youth hostel is probably the least punishing. After that I normally head into Wales, but if you want to stay in England you could work out a route through/near Ludlow and down as far as the Forest of Dean and the Severn Estuary. Great countryside and quiet roads throughout.

Top Bottom