Best section to post ride videos ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey there, new to this site. A couple may know me from other cycling sites. I recognize one name already. I like to post ride pics and make a video here and there.

Is there an ongoing video thread? Or a preferred section of this site to post ride reports, weekly fun rides, non organized, just us and a friend here and there?

We're in California and frequent a river trail called Santa Ana River Trail. I and most locals refer to it as SART.

I have posted tons of pics on forums and used to post a gang of videos as well. Luckily we have met a ton of cyclists and have actually recruited many on other forums while posting their pics and videos.

Most times it is just us but I speak to many cyclists out here and when I do, I will let them know where they can view their videos and/or pics.

So let me know where I can post, maybe even start an ongoing thread. I did this years ago on another site and attracted 20,000+ views every year. I just like posing stuff!

Here are a couple of recent videos I created over the last couple of weeks. Just getting familiar with my new video editor trying to figure it out!^_^

Most times I speak with fellow cyclists, ask them to say hello to their friends on camera then include them in the music ride video. Sometimes I just post music ride videos.

The trail we ride is pretty wide open, can get rolling pretty good. We can do 60 miles round trip with no cars or cross streets on open trail. No crowded New York style trails, just wide open it up type riding with very little traffic other than fellow cyclists.

Couple of samples and new vids I made over the last 2 weeks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep.There's the long running 'Your Ride Today' thread here

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wow! No potholes, no hills, almost no bends!

Also very little traffic. My brother lives in Michigan and refuses to ride on the highway, saying you are very likely to be taken out deliberately by a redneck in a pickup or unknowingly by a texting SUV driver.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 5514272, member: 9609"]and no clouds :rolleyes:

@MrBeanz , jealous of the warmth and sunshine, would love a bit of that - camera is lovely and still, is that just the quality of the road or something abut the camera?[/QUOTE]
I'm jealous too! :laugh:

Yes, very clear steady video. I'd like to know what was used.

My preference would be to use just one or two simple transitions between video clips though - I found the multitude of fancy effects somewhat distracting.

I look forward to seeing more of your ride videos in 'Your Ride Today'.

OP
OP
M

MrBeanz

[QUOTE 5514272, member: 9609"]and no clouds :rolleyes:

@MrBeanz , jealous of the warmth and sunshine, would love a bit of that - camera is lovely and still, is that just the quality of the road or something abut the camera?[/QUOTE]

The road helps but also I use K Edge aluminum mounts on the handlebars and one under my saddle facing to the rear. Mounts are very nice and very steady compared to the go pro mounts supplied with the camera. I actually had one break on a mountain road decent. Luckily I didn't lose the camera seeing it was on a decent. It bounced down the road about 50 yards, no damage. Go pro' are one tough camera. But the plastic mounts are cheap.

OP
OP
M

MrBeanz

I'm jealous too! :laugh:

Yes, very clear steady video. I'd like to know what was used.

My preference would be to use just one or two simple transitions between video clips though - I found the multitude of fancy effects somewhat distracting.

I look forward to seeing more of your ride videos in 'Your Ride Today'.

I'm using a go pro 2, and a go pro 3. I've had them for several years now but still going strong. Good cameras and tough. See my post above with the tumble at 30 MPH. :hyper:

Yes, I used all the transitions I could because I have been exploring a new video editor using them to see which I liked most. :becool:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm using a go pro 2, and a go pro 3. I've had them for several years now but still going strong. Good cameras and tough. See my post above with the tumble at 30 MPH. :hyper:
Impressive cameras; not so impressive mounts!

Yes, I used all the transitions I could because I have been exploring a new video editor using them to see which I liked most. :becool:
I had a feeling that might be the case... :whistle:

What are those black lines all over the road? Are they cracks that have been filled in and sealed?

OP
OP
M

MrBeanz

Impressive cameras; not so impressive mounts!

I had a feeling that might be the case... :whistle:

What are those black lines all over the road? Are they cracks that have been filled in and sealed?

Yes, sealed cracks. Usually pretty good but the roads get torn up when the rain comes. Even land slides at times. The road is up to Mt Baldy, 21 mile climb with nearly 5,000 ft gain. It's terrible in rain and once on a long while some snow and ice. But great ride. Except that short straight section where one can hit 40 MPH. About the only straight section on the entire 20 mile climb.

Glendora Mtn Rd/Glendora Ridge Rd connected together to get up to Mt baldy. Popular with the locals.

0GMR2.jpg
0gmr3.JPG
0IMG_6974_zps6vbpdtzi.jpg
020512E.jpg
DSCN2230_zpsm5fp6f8a.jpg

0Cow Canyon_zpsfipfupjo.jpg

Taking a breather after the first 6 miles of the climb on a hot day! :biggrin:

IMG_6779_zps0e902d42.jpg

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Do you have permission to use the Oasis and Boz Scaggs tracks?

Publishing video is not my thing, and it may be different in America, but in the UK the question of royalties would arise.

It's why lots of videos have 'generic' music tracks.

OP
OP
M

MrBeanz

Do you have permission to use the Oasis and Boz Scaggs tracks?

Publishing video is not my thing, and it may be different in America, but in the UK the question of royalties would arise.

It's why lots of videos have 'generic' music tracks.

There is a screen in the creators section where one can check to see if certain songs are allowed to be used on youtube. Some say no, some say blocked in certain countries and some say allowed any time anywhere. If the song is not allowed, I can not use it.:okay:

Top Bottom