Best thing about commuting in the rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2pies

Veteran
I quite enjoyed this morning's commute.

I could have got the train to work, but chose to ride in torrential rain for an hour.

To those that did the same, I salute you. STRONG!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

I could have got the train to work, but chose to ride in torrential rain for an hour.

Yup, an hour and a half for me. Uber torrential, rain hurty face type rain.

On wet days we get cheeky peds putting their bloody coats in our drying cabinet.

Hope you chucked them out Fossy.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Traffic's always busy on rainy days so it's extra satisfying zipping past the cars on the dual carriageway. That said, it's a lovely day up here today.

mythste

Veteran

I did this yesterday. I've spent the last few months spending too much money on weatherproof gear not too! Now to work out how best to dry stuff at the other end without fellow office users getting grossed out.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I did this yesterday. I've spent the last few months spending too much money on weatherproof gear not too! Now to work out how best to dry stuff at the other end without fellow office users getting grossed out.
Whenever my gear gets a soaking (which is always pretty rare...oddly) I try to remind myself how I would feel if I went to the loo to find some guys soaking wet sports wear (and underwear) steaming away on the radiator.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I think I can can count on one hand the amount of times I've been drenched this year and am lucky enough to have a dryer at work. I quite enjoy riding in the rain if I'm honest an you enjoy the shower and coffee more at the end

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Your final winter investment! As long as you wash your kit every night all you get is wafted washing powder, and it also heats up the room. Merely a PC type fan and tiny heater. I know most people won't be allowed it but I have to say one of my best cycling investments!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1915...ICEP3.0.0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think I can can count on one hand the amount of times I've been drenched this year and am lucky enough to have a dryer at work. I quite enjoy riding in the rain if I'm honest an you enjoy the shower and coffee more at the end

This evenings commute home was the 22nd rainy ride of the year out of 330 commutes.
Much drier then last year where I had 45 over all.
Sorry, I keep statistics of these things.

Top Bottom