Best thing about commuting in the rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simonsch

simonsch

there is a sign just under the canopy on the walkway.

Yes, but if it is the one I am thinking of it is not clear that it applies to the "open skies" part of the bike racks (although it does). It would help a lot if there was a sign right at the "wall of smoke" place, i.e. opposite the entrance, where they all stand smoking. I do think that they all believe that smoking is actually allowed there.

clid61

Veteran
This evenings commute home was the 22nd rainy ride of the year out of 330 commutes.
Much drier then last year where I had 45 over all.
Sorry, I keep statistics of these things.
I work 12 hour shifts and , despite not keeping records, can remember getting rain from start to finish of my 16 mile commute, very rare this year !

Janine

I like cycling in rain. If you have decent waterproof clothes (including overshoes) it doesn't bother you at all. There is much less traffic on cycling paths and not many pedestrians. You can be a kid again and ride through paddles and you won't get wetter!

I like cycling in rain. If you have decent waterproof clothes (including overshoes) it doesn't bother you at all. There is much less traffic on cycling paths and not many pedestrians. You can be a kid again and ride through paddles and you won't get wetter!
I'd agree...except in about February when a face-full of icy water is a bit too refreshing first thing in the morning! I love my morning ride to work but I draw the line at actually being awake to do it. ^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

The best thing about commuting in the rain is that I now have a car and I can drive in.

markharry66

Über Member
Not sure if its me as I am coming to the end of cycle commuting for the moment. Wet weather seems to bring out idiots more.
Three point turn in main road yesterday was an eye opener but sure I didnt need the bad language from the driver still I got it anyway.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Back on the bike after some time off today. Thought I'd struggle but it had rained so it was like breathing pure oxygen.

Not sure if its me as I am coming to the end of cycle commuting for the moment. Wet weather seems to bring out idiots more.
Three point turn in main road yesterday was an eye opener but sure I didnt need the bad language from the driver still I got it anyway.
Funny that, I thought it was just me. I noticed exactly the same collective madness on my ride in. Brains soluble perhaps?

Top Bottom