Best tubes for puncture-resistance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgl5gjr

I tend to make sure that the tyres on the bikes are in good shape...like tyres on cars...when then get low and the roads are wetter.... any thorns,flint et al slides into the tyres easier.......
On tubes..... same opinion as others here..... but I must say...even on bikes that are not mine where I have just replaced a tube from my stock, where the tyre was worn...... the bike hasn't got another puncture..... the tubes I use are Btwin ones from Decathlon...
I always keep them in the campervan too along with a hand pump etc. for when we are away on holiday or using the campervan as a day van for a base for rides

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been using Michelin latex tubes on my best bike and like them for ride feel, but I did not get many punctures with butyl tubes anyway so it is hard to work out if the latex are more resistant. They need pumping up every day or two, but that is no big deal since I keep a good track pump next to the bike.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Schwalbe Marathon tyres and Schwalbe tubes are the answer. I always have them on my bikes and cannot ever having a flat with them on. I ride on roads, mud tracks, forest tracks, farm tracks, I just abuse the bikes and never worry about it.

Schwalbe is the answer.....what was the question :0)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I wouldn't recommend latex tubes for everday use unless you like pumping up your tyres. They are great to ride on - next best thing to tubulars, but mine lose 20+ psi overnight. Not necessarily lighter than butyl either.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wouldn't recommend latex tubes for everday use unless you like pumping up your tyres. They are great to ride on - next best thing to tubulars, but mine lose 20+ psi overnight. Not necessarily lighter than butyl either.
I think mine lose more like 10-12 psi/day but it still means pumping up at least every other day. I'll probably stick to butyl tubes for my second road bike and my MTB.

Top Bottom