Best TV program music for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

What TV program do you remember as having the best tune?

I used to like the Rally Program (Top Gear Report) music. That was a wicked tune. :blush:

It's on YouTube but I forgot who did it now...I know they were a German group though. :o)

Frazer

the old ski sunday music i always love....

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Morse wasn't bad. The theme, I mean, not the tuneless arrangements slotted into the program itself.

purpleR

Guru
I think Grandstand used to have a good theme tune, I liked it as a kid, can't remember it now though!
Also the snooker theme tune when it was nice and simple and played on an electric guitar. They've ponced it up now though.
And the theme tune from QI's very jolly.

purpleR

Guru
"every nation ... has a tv station ... " bla bla bla

any one remember this lyric from an 80s chilren's bbc programme? The tune is still in my head, although any memories of the actual programme have faded. I'm just left with that snippet. It does my nut in.

purpleR

Guru
Elmer Fudd said:
Thunderbirds

(and you couldn't see the strings, it's the scratches on the old film)

I'm still not convinced those puppets are really puppets and not just slightly odd looking people...

purpleR

Guru
Don't think you can get much better than the tune for Film 07 (are they still following that convention), for tv theme tunes or otherwise.

Abitrary

Roygbiv - Boards of Canada

Ok, ok. Not actually a theme tune, but no doubt the one that all theme tune writers wished they'd written

Top Bottom