Best Type Of Bike Lock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Arch said:
Really, I've seen more productive posturing by pheasants...

Could I stick my oar in again to remind any civvies who might still be alive and trying to stem the bleeding from their eyes...

*coffee over keybaord moment*

You owe me a new keyboard Arch, and a head massage as laughing when I've got a headache hurts :biggrin:

davidwalton

wafflycat said:

You owe me a new keyboard Arch, and a head massage as laughing when I've got a headache hurts :biggrin:

The thing is, I totally agree, and apologies for not backing down this time.

yenrod

Goaty - see this is the crazy thing about here; a general simple thing is discussed then all hell lets loose bit by bit...

If one uses one of these
2007_0722Shopper0001.jpg

theres no need for a lock :biggrin: :becool:.

Dave5N

Über Member
The 14" was a better machine.

FWIW and I have told you before: you don't need a lock. You need a toe strap, a window seat, and a confrontational attitude.

davidwalton

Dave5N said:
The 14" was a better machine.

FWIW and I have told you before: you don't need a lock. You need a toe strap, a window seat, and a confrontational attitude.

or use a company that puts it's money where it's mouth is, ie. provide replacement theft protection....See http://www.onguardlock.com/features/

Products available in the UK through http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/m...sories/1_Accessories/19_Security/360_OnGuard/

up to $3,500 replacement protection provided (within 3 years of lock purchase).

Would need to check if protection is provided in the UK, but I think this type of protection would solve many problems, putting the responsibility to ensure lock quality back on to the manufacturer.

Arch

Married to Night Train
wafflycat said:

Sorry...:tongue:;) Have a tissue, and an aspirin. You wouldn't want a massage just now, I've got really grubby hands from the allotment...

I think perhaps people had just got a bit stuck in a rut there... God knows, I've done it myself, only I tend to give up fairly easily....

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
My first bike. [drifts into rose - tinted reverie];)

This picture reminded me of my first bike,that i used for school,it was a hurcules hunter,anyone remember them?

Arch said:
Sorry...:sad::biggrin: Have a tissue, and an aspirin. You wouldn't want a massage just now, I've got really grubby hands from the allotment...

I think perhaps people had just got a bit stuck in a rut there... God knows, I've done it myself, only I tend to give up fairly easily....

I'm beginning to think that ruts are far more secure than locks Arch :smile: Also, make sure you attach your gold standard rut to something solid - like an immovable post from David or, fixed differently but equally immovable, one from Mr Paul.
You know it makes sense, non?
:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
:blush:I'm getting flashbacks to Mrs Closick, my junior school authoritarian mistress.

Do continue.

You had an Authoritarian Mistress? Gosh, we had a Games Mistress, but...

Anyway, don't make me have to fetch my riding crop....;)

Top Bottom