best tyres for punctures??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
what would you go for....i want puncture resistance and speed...

doesn't everyone...?

Davidc

Guru
That's cos there isn't a simple answer, dozens of sensible answers all dependent on usage, rider taste, preferences etc.

Loads posted on cyclechat - use search - there are loads of really good puncture resistant tyres out there.

that`s not really answering the question is it

neither was that. This is though - Conti GP4000S - several thousand miles this year and no punctures :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Gatorskins are not something I would advise in the winter. They are shoot in the wet.

TBH, "normal" tyres serve me fine, any half decent tyre pumped up properly should puncture rarely.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I've just fitted 4 Seasons to my 'best' bike. I spent a long time reading similar threads and reviews, looking for something of a decent quality, that is fairly light and quick but also offers a degree of protection. I really like the look of GP4000S also but plumped for the 4 Seasons, to get me through until the Summer :smile:

Gators are bombproof but as Rob3rt says, can be 'lively' in certain conditions. Not good practice to ride over street iron, in the wet but sometimes it's unavoidable!

Top Bottom