Best war film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Have to say, nothing captures the sweaty claustrophobia and fear like 'Das Boot.'

After that I thanked my lucky stars I'd never been anywhere near a U-boat!

Richie1964

Got to be Starship Troopers. Yeah!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Apocalypse Now..... never been to war but I always reckoned this was the most accurate portrayal or the madness and anarchy that come with war.

Frazer

Saving Private Ryan gets my vote as well.

There was also a TV series called Band of Brothers directed by Spielberg and Hanks i think, which i thought was excellent.

Frazer

domtyler said:
Almost forgot, "Enemy at the Gates" was a brilliant film.

Hmmm, i thought it was a good film...but Jude Law's representation of a Soviet Sniper wasn't all that convincing to me...

Tetedelacourse

What was the one with Matt Damon shot down in Bosnia? That was good.

Das Boot and Zulu for me too.

Not Escape to Victory though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There was a classic award winning foreign language film set in Bosnia/Serbia a few years ago. Set only in a crater with 2 soldiers from opposite sides and a bloke lying on a pressure bomb. Excellent but the name escapes me.

Frazer

Tetedelacourse said:
What was the one with Matt Damon shot down in Bosnia? That was good.

Behind Enemy Lines?? Or Black Hawk Down..i get confused with all these films, though i think it was one of them...i know they were both pretty good films.

ajevans

rich p said:
There was a classic award winning foreign language film set in Bosnia/Serbia a few years ago. Set only in a crater with 2 soldiers from opposite sides and a bloke lying on a pressure bomb. Excellent but the name escapes me.

No mans land

Top Bottom