Best WATERPROOF cycle gloves?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
people wash their gloves?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well once they are soaking wet theres no problem with washing them is there:biggrin:
And I used 3 pairs yesterday ... all soaking wet by the end.

I went to Derby market and bought a thinnish pair of Thinsulate gloves which I wear inside some thicker supposedly waterproof Aldi (or may have been Lidl - was about 3 years ago!) cycling gloves. Showerproof, but any sort of a deluge and the fingers do get wet.

Have tried various gloves over the years, but never found any that are totally waterproof.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
..well these finally arrived this morning after a cock up on the delivery front...anyway...I wore them today for the first time and for the first time this winter I had warm hands. It didnt rain so i can tcomment of the waterproofing but they look fine to me. I also have some of those thinsulate inner gloves for icy days...and it looks like next week might get icy again.

Glenview09

My objection is that when you take off the gloves the lining pulls out of the finger area and they are difficult to re-align when your hand are wet.

zacklaws

Guru
Night Vision's I find are very warm, not initially but once your hands warm up they are excellent. Drawback with them as mentioned are the linings are a pain. They can be a nightmare if they get wet inside especcially with sweat as the lining sticks to your hand and can be a nightmare to get your hand back in. There also a pain if you want to remove them as you cycle as you have to hold them in a way the lining does not pull out at the same time so it becomes safer to stop. Trying to insert a wet hand into them if it is raining before you get your glove on as well even if the glove is dry inside is also a pain. I also find them absolutley useless for anything other than cycling as my hands freeze in them if I use them for standing around in at work so on my commute I have to carry two pairs, one for work and one for cycling.

In reality I would never buy another pair.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
well I have had these a week now and I'm happy...they are warm and my hands are dry. On on ecold day i actually wore some inner gloves as well but funnily enough this made my hands colder...when i took them off and only wore the NV's my hands warmed up...must be to do witht he sixe of the air pockets inside the gloves I reckon.

Top Bottom