Best way to wash a cat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vegan1

I'm a cat person. Very probably due to toxoplasmosis. Any-who, the first post made me laugh, because washing even a docile domestic feline is a chore, so letting the toilet do it would be brilliant - if it worked. Also cleaning a toilet is a chore, so letting a cat do it ... would be brilliant. It's obviously nonsense, but it makes cat lovers laugh. And the dog punchline is good too.

The above does not make sense, you should really check before you post so people can follow what you are trying to say.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's easy if you have a Turkish Van cat, I couldn't keep mine out of the bath, I'd have the taps running whilst I disrobed and Kissa would be in the tub like a flash.

View: https://youtu.be/Fxk7-JQdkv4

Big Andy

Über Member
Theres enough serious stuff going on in the world and people get upset about comments about cats. Come on people, if you dont like an inane comment just ignore it.

Besides cats are pure evil and if I was forced to wash one it would involve a jet washer.

9a4efc2ff000b1c5110e920b0f152aa571310e8c828363c207e0ee1ebb650db0.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Whilst on cats, how can I discourage my brother and his wife from over feeding theirs, despite the vets telling them on multiple occasions that the cat needs to lose a lot of weight they keep feeding it, the both get up twice each during the night to give it food. I kid you not they even give buy it fried fish on a Friday from the chippie. The ignorance of many pet slaves astounds me, look at the amount of unhealthy over fed dogs there are out there.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Do something about it then like putting lemon peel down instead of showing your ignorance and immaturity. Your not funny, your just really sad.

I try to discourage cats from my garden as they take birds that I enjoy seeing. It's not easy but I try

Do you think the cat owners should shoulder some responsibility in this too?

screenman

Legendary Member
I try to discourage cats from my garden as they take birds that I enjoy seeing. It's not easy but I try

Do you think the cat owners should shoulder some responsibility in this too?

I do not think the people who have cats own them, it is maybe the other way around. I also feel your pain on this subject though, a bell on the cats collar I think may help.

The above does not make sense, you should really check before you post so people can follow what you are trying to say.
Makes sense to me.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I do not think the people who have cats own them, it is maybe the other way around. I also feel your pain on this subject though, a bell on the cats collar I think may help.

I think that's the problem. Cats are independent creatures so their owners feel less responsibility for what they do outside the house. However the owners acquired the cat so I think they bear some responsibility, particularly when said cat is going in neighbouring gardens and catching birds

A bell on a collar would certainly help

TVC

Whilst on cats, how can I discourage my brother and his wife from over feeding theirs, despite the vets telling them on multiple occasions that the cat needs to lose a lot of weight they keep feeding it, the both get up twice each during the night to give it food. I kid you not they even give buy it fried fish on a Friday from the chippie. The ignorance of many pet slaves astounds me, look at the amount of unhealthy over fed dogs there are out there.
Difficult, our cat started to get chubby (I know, like its owner) so now we weigh her food out into a pot - 55g a day and she gets fed from that, with no treats. When the food is gone, it's gone and it makes it easy for us to monitor what she has had. It's discipline from you brother that's needed, the cat only demands food because it knows it gets fed on demand.

I always thought that cats were "self-cleaning".
They are, but that's one of the reasons you might have to wash them. If a dog gets covered with something noxious, it's generally not going to ingest much of it. At cat will eat everything that's on it's fur.

The other reason I've washed a cat was on a day of 40 and the cats were suffering. A soaking lowered their core temperature, and then they licked the water off, making sure they were properly rehydrated.

Top Bottom