Beto tubeless air tank inflator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Beto-CJA00...MIw5DHypOy9QIVxwyLCh1-igAvEAQYAiABEgILl_D_BwE

Anyone has any experience with this tool? It's got good reviews everywhere and the price is good.

I tried to seat some tubeless tyres last night but just couldn't do it with a track pump. They were gravel tyres so quite a lot of volume and quick air needed. Just impossible with the track pump.
That's the one I use. It works fine for me, 'does what it says on the tin'. Probably a non issue (it wasn't for me as I have a smart pump head for my track pump) but the infill for the tank is Shrader only, although its out put head has both shrader and presta. I think when I seated my Gravel tyres with it I needed a blast or two to get the sealant to the right places. Left it for a bit and blasted again. It seemed to seat then but over night lost a bit of pressure but not enough to stop the ride once topped up but enough to make you worry. During the ride the sealant must have sealed everything as the tyres have been solid since. They've had one hole on a ride the sealant couldn't get too but rotating the wheel so the sealant was at the hole then a conservative blast with CO2 cartridge (Not a No10 party but a more gradual release of CO2) sorted it. The only other thing I noted the tyres were really smooth to set up compared road tyres. The bigger volume perhaps allows the sealant to be syringed in more easily with no mess and there was no messy leakage before they seated :okay:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I haven't got the one that you've linked too, but I do have the Schwalbe Air Booster, which is identical the Airshot booster that Tredz also sells.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Airshot-Tubeless-Tyre-Inflator_85096.htm

The bonus of the Airshot is that it uses a presta valve for it's input as well as output. It's a nice simple device that seats tires onto the bead with no stress at all and works nicely with an existing track pump. I've seated gravel tires between 44mm - 55mm with no problems.

Thanks. One dumb question: do you need to load the tank to the max (160 psi) even if your tyre just needs say 50 psi?

In all the videos I've watched they don't really tell you this but it does seem they load the tank to the max.

Thanks. One dumb question: do you need to load the tank to the max (160 psi) even if your tyre just needs say 50 psi?

In all the videos I've watched they don't really tell you this but it does seem they load the tank to the max.
Nope, you would find it hard to get 160psi in anyway. Although I tend to put a bit in maybe 100psi so I have a wee bit of control, or a couple of goes and if there's any leakage it compensates for that.

si_c

Guru
I looked at getting one of those ages ago, but for the number of times I need to inflate my tubeless tyres to seat the beads I opted to use CO2 instead, one cannister pretty much instantly seats the beads perfectly, and it costs about 30p a shot.

I'm currently kind of debating on whether I should spend 50 quid on one of these tanks or spend a bit more than double and get a basic air compressor which I can also use every time I need to inflate my car tyres and when I clean my bike and need to disperse water quickly.

chriswoody

Legendary Member

Whilst I don't load mine to the max, I do pop it up to about 130psi. The more you can inflate it, the easier the tire pops into the bead. It's a very effective system and just works, first time every time.

After the tire is seated, I then deflate it again and then pump it up to about my normal 30psi running pressure. I often leave it for a fair few hours to check it's all well, before deflating again and adding the sealant.

If you are interested I have a Schwalbe Air Booster sat in the garage doing nothing and looking for a new home.
I bought it when I went tubeless, but have given up with that and am back on tubes.
This is in excellent condition and works perfectly.
If anyone wants it......

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I haven't got the one that you've linked too, but I do have the Schwalbe Air Booster, which is identical the Airshot booster that Tredz also sells.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Airshot-Tubeless-Tyre-Inflator_85096.htm

The bonus of the Airshot is that it uses a presta valve for it's input as well as output. It's a nice simple device that seats tires onto the bead with no stress at all and works nicely with an existing track pump. I've seated gravel tires between 44mm - 55mm with no problems.
I have an Airshot. Works fine, provided the tyres are cooperating. Which isn't always the case :sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom