Betting on the GG's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Got a tip yesterday.

Mate text me to say and he had a sure fire thing.

Said his mate owns a horse and it was a sure fire winner with lots of wink smilies. Never bet on the horses unless I'm at a day out at the racecourse but thought he must know something. Went to the bookies and it was 9/2. stuck some money on for a laugh. Never heard from him again last night and just checked there. came in 8th :biggrin::laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
When people give you a tip, do you know why they whisper it out of the corner of their mouth?

It's so they don't here it themselves.

I've never had a tip that's come even close.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Tip No 1:

Nobody shares a genuine tip, otherwise they'd lose their advantage. The tips they share are ruses

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Greedo said:
Got a tip yesterday.

Mate text me to say and he had a sure fire thing.

Said his mate owns a horse and it was a sure fire winner with lots of wink smilies. Never bet on the horses unless I'm at a day out at the racecourse but thought he must know something. Went to the bookies and it was 9/2. stuck some money on for a laugh. Never heard from him again last night and just checked there. came in 8th :biggrin::laugh:

You need a more reliable mate.

I 'invested' £1200 with a colleague who studies form three and a half years ago and he's turned it into £3100 with a regular incremental betting strategy. He currently 'manages' £50k of syndicated dosh. He's only shown a loss on four of the past forty two months' worth of betting returns.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It amused me when I heard that many, many cars full of Irishmen driving to the Cheltenham festival and head down the M5, see those yellow road signs on that motorway that say HR. The number of Paddies who reckon this means 'Horse Racing' follow the sign and end up miles from Cheltenham is legendary. The sign actually means 'Holiday Route'.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
PaulB said:
It amused me when I heard that many, many cars full of Irishmen driving to the Cheltenham festival and head down the M5, see those yellow road signs on that motorway that say HR. The number of Paddies who reckon this means 'Horse Racing' follow the sign and end up miles from Cheltenham is legendary. The sign actually means 'Holiday Route'.

Can we bet on just how many Paddies fall for that? My mate from Dublin who knows a bloke who once had a friend whose 2nd cousin twice removed once went to Cheltenham for the sales has a sure fire tip...........

Top Bottom