Bexley Bike Lift - will it ever happen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-make-shortlist-for-100m-funding-8795908.html

According to this arctile Bexley Council have proposed a bike lift, like this one in Norway. (some other ideas have been mooted too)

trampe-bicycle-lift.jpg

Great idea, and I'd love to have a go, but I live in Bexley Borough and I'm not aware of too many tricky hills.
I cant find anything about it on the Internet, so I dont know where they are planning to install it. Maybe up Knee Hill between Abbeywood and Bexleyheath once the Cross Rail line is built?

martint235

Dog on a bike
I can't think of any hill in Bexley that would be worth installing one of these on.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
But that takes all the fun out of riding up the hill, and knowing your leg muscles have conquered it! :cry:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Maybe they should go the whole hog and have a system a bit like tram infrastructure with overhead cables to drag people hither and thither on their bikes.

You could go not only clip-less but entirely pedal-less.

Presumably people are paid to evaluate this sort of thing - worrying!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Shooters Hill is between here and my daughter's. Because I flow like a river on a bike (translation: I follow the line of least resistance), I go round it. Old Rochester Road to Falconwood or, even easier, up through Eltham, well apart from the serial red lights on Eltham High Street.

That said, I can't think of any hill that merits a foot hoist type contraption in Bexley.

classic33

Leg End Member
Lazy cyclists!

Top Bottom