BH Bikes Classic L60C Owners or opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary D

A work colleague has been offered one of these at a "special price" i.e £ 1,087 including a proper fitting:

http://bhbikesuk.com/displayItem.asp?productID=119&producttype=

By the looks of it, it is a 2007 model. It looks to have a good standard of equipment on it and appears good value.

He is a newcomer to Road biking but not to cycling in general - he already has a nice mountainbike.

My question is, are there any owners out there who could give an opinion on the bike? Also, would it be suitable as a first road bike or are there other alternatives at the same price point?

I have my own opinions, but would rather not bias the replies.

Thanks for your help.

Gary.

Danny

Legendary Member
I don't know this particular bike, so can't comment on it directly.

The spec looks OK, but nothing special, and I would say the same for the price. However if your friend is getting a proper bike fitting session, and they will properly set up the bike following the bike fitting, that is definitely a plus point.

More generally I would say that if your friend is new to road biking he should try out a number of different bikes, and not just go for the one that has a £200 discount.

Also, unless he's got plenty of money, maybe he should think about getting a cheaper non-carbon bike to begin with. Once he's got some experience of riding a road bike he might well change his views on what his "ultimate" bike should be.

Top Bottom