Bianchi Part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

I had put a posting on here before about buying a new Bianchi. I had my heart set on this one:

https://epic-cycles.co.uk/bianchi-s...MI8-SPxdfu5AIVg7TtCh0l4QgdEAAYASAAEgJ4mfD_BwE

However, when I went to two Bianchi dealers, both said that that particular bike was more aggressive with race geometry - both of the shops recommended this one as it has more of a relaxed position and is more of an endurance bike for riding longer:

https://epic-cycles.co.uk/bianchi-infinito-xe

One of the dealers did say that the Infinito XE would be more like to put a smile on my face due to the more relaxed geometry.

However, the Cyclist magazine has put the following review on about the first bike (the one I originally had my heart set on):

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/6259/bianchi-sprint-ultegra-review

In the review, they talk about the following which has really put the cat amongst the pigeons with regards to comfort/endurance/what bike should I choose:

Labelling the Bianchi Sprint an endurance bike would probably be the most accurate description but there are clear flashes of why this could also be a race bike, or at the very least, your flashy sportive bike.

In fact, the ride quality is delicate and, to my mind, is a setup that is perfectly suited to the longest days in the saddle, excelling most on long climbs.

Bianchi has also dropped the seatstays and opted for a 155mm headtube with a 73-degree head angle (56cm frame) for a bike that’s on the racier side of endurance without giving you a bad back or the experience of riding on an upright shopper bike.

And if racing is no bother to you, then that’s no problem, because, for the money, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more rounded bike than the Bianchi Sprint Ultegra.

Thanks for all your help.

J

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
58335965-854B-4417-8DC7-50873FD0327E.jpeg
4CBE2D6D-85DC-4521-B44E-82ECCB60E943.jpeg
Looking at the geometry charts the difference in head tube length is 20 to 25 mm (size 55 & 57). If you are happy with the extra drop from saddle to bars then go with the one you originally looked at.
Here’s the geometry charts side by side to compare.
Can’t the bike shop get you both models to test ride?

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
View attachment 486699 View attachment 486700 Looking at the geometry charts the difference in head tube length is 20 to 25 mm (size 55 & 57). If you are happy with the extra drop from saddle to bars then go with the one you originally looked at.
Here’s the geometry charts side by side to compare.
Can’t the bike shop get you both models to test ride?

Looks like the bikes are £2K plus so there may not be many about to test ride.

DSK

Both look superb and me drool equally!

Whilst reviews are great, I always read them with a pinch of salt. How experienced is the tester/writer, what do they ride, what are they used to riding regularly to make the comments that they make etc. As a result our bodies/abilities may not share their views on the same bike.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran

Whilst reviews are great, I always read them with a pinch of salt. How experienced is the tester/writer, what do they ride, what are they used to riding regularly to make the comments that they make etc. As a result our bodies/abilities may not share their views on the same bike.

Bianchi bikes always make me drool - that's why I'm looking at buying another one!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

This - take reviews with a pinch of salt. If you can test ride them do, otherwise get to see them in the flesh, and pick the one you like best.

BigMeatball

Maybe it's because I'm a newbie but I think people focus way too much on bike geometry. In general I don't think for us, mostly weekend warriors/ work commuters, geometry pays that big a role; and in particular for those 2 stunning looking Bianchi bikes, which look almost identical geometry wise.

One thing people underestimate is how great a machine the human body is: extremely well engineered, extremely adaptable. Whichever of those 2 bikes you'll pick, your body will adapt and you'll end up dominating the roads regardless of the geometry.

Lastly, but this is just based on my fiery attitude, if people told me "this bike is not good for what you want to do" I'd just say "oh is that so? F*** you, I'm going to prove you wrong" :laugh:

So, long story short, don't listen to people's opinion and pick the one that makes your heart skip a beat.

RegG

Über Member
Both of these Bianchi's are superb bikes, especially in Celeste (the only colour for a Bianchi!) but you need to make sure it is the right size and set-up for you and the best way to do this is have a bike fit. If the dealer is any good at all they would be offering you a bike fit anyway. Good luck!

Cavalol

Guru
Can't offer any practical help, sorry, but that Infinito is absolutely stunning. Bianchi must make some of the best looking bikes about, and +1 on the Celeste colour!

Top Bottom