Bianchi Sprint 76

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wantok

Regular
Just got myself one. I had one back in the day and had to get rid of it when I was moving back to Ireland as there was only room to bring 1 bike back, so my beloved (but sadly now long departed) Shorter took preference. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. Needs a respray and a bit of a clean up.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just got myself one. I had one back in the day and had to get rid of it when I was moving back to Ireland as there was only room to bring 1 bike back, so my beloved (but sadly now long departed) Shorter took preference. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. Needs a respray and a bit of a clean up.
some pics would be good please

OP
OP
W

Wantok

Regular
IMG_0365.JPG

I've removed the Campag Valentino front & rear mechs and checked them out and cleaned them. If I remember, they were OK but needed a fair bit of fettling.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You said you had a Shorter @Wantok, did you used to live in North London? I was in Finchley so it was my LBS. The site was previouly run by Ted Gerrard and it was one of his branded bikes which was my first 'proper' bike.

OP
OP
W

Wantok

Regular
Yea I lived in Hampstead for a while when I was a kid, know Finchley Road well, still have a Coffee Grinder from the coffee seller near John Barnes! I actually bought the frame from Rochford Cycles in Luton, I think around 1978 or so.
I always regretted selling the Shorter. It was still in mint condition.

Cavalol

Guru
Bianchis are definitely one of the best looking brands out there.

OP
OP
W

Wantok

Regular
Right, after much deliberation and souls searching, I'm going to make it a bit more up to date. I've contacted a frame builder in Kildare who can modify the frame where required to accept modern gear and I've got hold of some Campy Record 8 gear components to hang on it. I'll post some more pics when there's visible progress :-0)

Top Bottom