Bianchi - West of Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tgrx1901

I've used the search function and the last time a question like this was asked was back in 2014.
Sadly, the main bike shop mentioned, Walkers Cycling, seems to have gone out of business since then.

Anyhoo...

I have a "significant birthday" on the horizon and I've decided (with SWMBO's permission) to celebrate by indulging myself (for once, and once only!) and buying one of those strange coloured, over priced, Italian pieces of cycling desirability - a Bianchi.
Yes, I could probably get a better bike for less money from the likes of Canyon but I have always admired Bianchis and since I very much have more years behind me than I have ahead of me, I've decided to let my heart have some say in the decision and not just my head!

I'm wondering if anyone knows of or could recommend a dealer in the West of Scotland. The Bianchi dealership list basically throws up Evans and a couple of independent cycle shops who barely seem to mention Bianchi on their own websites.

I'd like to do it properly (since its an expensive purchase) and ideally go along to a dealer to discuss the options, hear their recommendations and obviously make sure the sizing is correct for me.

I have a Oltre XR3 Disc in mind. I looked at the Infinito but I already have 2 sportive/endurance style geometry bikes and fancy something a bit more spirited!

Any advice gratefully received.

Caad Alak

I've used the search function and the last time a question like this was asked was back in 2014.
Sadly, the main bike shop mentioned, Walkers Cycling, seems to have gone out of business since then.

Anyhoo...

I have a "significant birthday" on the horizon and I've decided (with SWMBO's permission) to celebrate by indulging myself (for once, and once only!) and buying one of those strange coloured, over priced, Italian pieces of cycling desirability - a Bianchi.
Yes, I could probably get a better bike for less money from the likes of Canyon but I have always admired Bianchis and since I very much have more years behind me than I have ahead of me, I've decided to let my heart have some say in the decision and not just my head!

I'm wondering if anyone knows of or could recommend a dealer in the West of Scotland. The Bianchi dealership list basically throws up Evans and a couple of independent cycle shops who barely seem to mention Bianchi on their own websites.

I'd like to do it properly (since its an expensive purchase) and ideally go along to a dealer to discuss the options, hear their recommendations and obviously make sure the sizing is correct for me.

I have a Oltre XR3 Disc in mind. I looked at the Infinito but I already have 2 sportive/endurance style geometry bikes and fancy something a bit more spirited!

Any advice gratefully received.
Hi there,jst joined the forum 5 minutes ago lol.Bianchi is also a bike I would love to own,unfortunately I haven't 5 grand to spend on a bike.Dooleys cycles have a very good range of Bianchi bikes, I was in there last Friday.If your looking at buying one I would try dooleys in paisley,you won't be dissapointed

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've always been a sucker for iconic brands. Doesn't seem quite same saying I've got a Whyte, Canyon, Pinnacle, BMC or whatever. Bit like saying I've got a chair.
Good luck with your purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy.

OP
OP
T

tgrx1901

Thanks for the replies folks.

I'll look into Solid Rock.

Dooleys is an odd one. Their website http://www.dooleys-cycles.co.uk/ seems to redirect to an office supply company and their twitter account has not been active since 2014. Their Facebook page seems a bit more up to date, so I am not sure what any of this tells me! (Other than they are not great with their online presence).

Thanks Cycleops and Drago. I've had a hankering for a Bianchi for years and finally have (half) an excuse to indulge myself ^_^

It will be a few months before I take the plunge but I'll report back on the outcome.

OP
OP
T

tgrx1901

Much appreciated gasinayr. I'll have a look

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Can't help with western Scotland I'm afraid, but just wanted to welcome you in advance to the world of Bianchi!

Remember to cheer on Lotto Jumbo in the Tour as well! :bravo:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Excellent choice sir although I may be slightly biased :laugh: I adore my XR3 disc and have only owned it a few weeks :okay: I can't help with local dealers but looking forward to hearing back once the purchase is complete :becool::becool:

OP
OP
T

tgrx1901

Can't help with western Scotland I'm afraid, but just wanted to welcome you in advance to the world of Bianchi!

Remember to cheer on Lotto Jumbo in the Tour as well! :bravo:

Thanks wheresthetorch. Looking forward to the Tour and joining the Bianchi club!

Excellent choice sir although I may be slightly biased :laugh: I adore my XR3 disc and have only owned it a few weeks :okay: I can't help with local dealers but looking forward to hearing back once the purchase is complete :becool::becool:

Its all your fault! When I saw your XR3, it was the tipping point that helped me decide to go for it!

I'll post back when I have done the deed!

Thanks again all.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Its all your fault! When I saw your XR3, it was the tipping point that helped me decide to go for it!

I'll post back when I have done the deed!

Thanks again all.

:laugh: All my fault? I'm more than a little proud of that :laugh: It's a great bike, you won't regret it :okay:

...and even better with orange Hope bits :whistle:

you know you want to...

:laugh:

OP
OP
T

tgrx1901

Update!

So several months later...

I paid a visit to Dooleys Cycles in Paisley and it was a revelation. Fantastic bike shop. Talked with Ian Dooley about what I would like and he could not have been more helpful.

End result is that I have ordered a Bianchi Oltre XR3 Disc, with Ultegra Di2.

I've made a few other minor modifications to the standard spec, including changing the cassette to be an 11-32. I'm not as young as I once was and the hills are definitely getting steeper!

Bike should arrive early February. Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom