Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

I had put a previous post on here and everyone was very helpful – thank you.

Basically, I had my heart set on the following bike (Bianchi Sprint):

https://epic-cycles.co.uk/bianchi-sprint

However, I went to a Bianchi dealer last night and they have said that this bike is more of a race bike with a race bike geometry and that I would be more suited to the Bianchi Infinito XE which has a more relaxed position and is better for riding longer miles. This is the Bianchi Intenso XE:

https://epic-cycles.co.uk/bianchi-infinito-xe

I’m not a race cyclist, and therefore don't compete in races.

Epic cycles wasn’t the retailer that I visited, I’m just using their pics and information.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

J

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Ride them and see which you like best.

Sharky

Guru
After 50+ years of racing, I still don't know what they mean when they say "Race Geometry".
I've ridden 140+ miles on a fixed/track frame and been very comfortable.

As long as I can get the relative positions of saddle, bars pedals that I want, then it's the right geometry for me.
How do the measurements compare with your existing bike?

In comparing the two, I would look for specifics, like, which tyres do they come with, the saddle, handlebar drop (Norm or compact), clearance for mudguards(if needed) and fittings on the frame to take guards and luggage racks and of course cost.

Nice to be in a position of choosing the next one.

After 50+ years of racing, I still don't know what they mean when they say "Race Geometry".

Ditto here. Geometry is BS, it is all about the set-up and components.

But looking at the components, set-up and schpiell of the photo, that bike is a racing bike. It's called a Sprint Squadra edition, after all.

Someone is trying to upsell the OP with nonsense terms.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Ride them and see which you like best.

Its very difficult to try and get the both bikes in my size to test out - sometimes they are reluctant to get more than one bike into the store due to space and then having to sell it on (overstock) - that's my experience - is this normal?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Lovely bikes.

I'd be surprised if a test ride would show any appreciable difference, and what difference there is likely more down to tyres than anything else.

If it were me...

- must be Celeste, what's the point of buying a black Bianchi FFS?
- must be rim brakes, discs are fugly and what's the point of a fugly Bianchi?

I think that makes it the Sprint. Get it without the steerer cut down to try the bars at different heights until the geometry suits you, then get it cut down once you've decided. You'll only know if it's right once you've done a hilly century on it.

Enjoy

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Lovely bikes.

If it were me...

- must be Celeste, what's the point of buying a black Bianchi FFS?

Totally agree! There is absolutely NO point whatsoever in buying a Bianchi unless its Celeste, although my Bianchi Allroad is Black with Celeste flashings but there wasn't the option to buy in a complete Celeste colour!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Its very difficult to try and get the both bikes in my size to test out - sometimes they are reluctant to get more than one bike into the store due to space and then having to sell it on (overstock) - that's my experience - is this normal?

Not normal to me - unless I was very sure of the geometry, I would not buy an expensive bike without a decent test ride. Anyone selling premium goods at very premium prices need to show the benefits to the customer. I would assume the shop only pays the distributor when it sells.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I am with @Milkfloat if they won't provide a test machine then do they really want my business

tom73

Guru
They can't just say oh your better buying this and not give the option of finding out if it's for you. Compare them with what you want , it will be your bike , your butt sat on it , your enjoyment and your money. Not anyone else's if you make the mistake at least it's down to you not someone else. Even then you can change a few things to get it right. If your heart is set on the 1st one then get your hands on one and try it. If it really is for you then go for it or you will be forever thinking I should have gone for it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If it were me.........

I'd be happy with anything I felt comfortable on. The 'race' geometry might be a bit more twitchy that's all. That would include discs as I value stopping in a quick and controlled fashion in all weather and no rim wear.

If it were me.........

I'd be happy with anything I felt comfortable on. The 'race' geometry might be a bit more twitchy that's all. That would include discs as I value stopping in a quick and controlled fashion in all weather and no rim wear.

Twitchy how? Where would you feel that twitch?

Top Bottom