Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
More sensitive steering? To be fair my favourite bike has a longer wheelbase and feels more stable and lazy than my racer.

Out of the two Bianchi bikes that I put on my original posting, which of these would have a longer wheelbase? I'm not very clued up about stuff like that

vickster

Legendary Member
Out of the two Bianchi bikes that I put on my original posting, which of these would have a longer wheelbase? I'm not very clued up about stuff like that
There should be a geometry chart on the Bianchi or Epic website.

Getting them into Evans to testride sounds the best plan. Otherwise, you have roadbikes already....which is most different to the others, assuming you're not selling to make way for new

geometry does make a difference for me. I was looking at a 2018 infinito frame the other day and the measurements in my size threw up a nice tall headtube. Haven't checked on the version in the pics - but would bet its similar.
Epic are held in very high regard. Bianchi you are paying a bit (a fair bit) for the name and that it makes youre heart skip with joy every time you look at it - only you can decide if its worth it (IMO it is !)

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am with @Milkfloat if they won't provide a test machine then do they really want my business
I found it difficult/near impossible to get decent test rides when buying my last bike....... and again at the moment.
eg....I am thinking of a Whyte Stirling. Both stockists will allow a very short ride up the road. One explained "if you have it for the day and dont buy it then its 2nd hand"...... a bit extreme but he has a point.

I found it difficult/near impossible to get decent test rides when buying my last bike....... and again at the moment.
eg....I am thinking of a Whyte Stirling. Both stockists will allow a very short ride up the road. One explained "if you have it for the day and dont buy it then its 2nd hand"...... a bit extreme but he has a point.

I don't think it is extreme at all. Let's look at the reverse. Most people will not accept a bike as new when someone else had test-ridden it for a day.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don't think it is extreme at all. Let's look at the reverse. Most people will not accept a bike as new when someone else had test-ridden it for a day.
OK.....allow me to rephrase :smile:.
I tested a gravel bike from the place in Frodsham. He ordered a 'loan' bike from the manufacturer and I had it for the weekend. So.....to me they are extreme opposites.
My point was/is 2 people said if the shop wants the business they will allow test rides, I am saying its not always that easy.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

I can see the shop's point of view but don't the shops have a demo bike or even the importers have a demo bike ?

Or surely the shop know what of there customers they sold same model to and ask them if somebody could borrow it for a test ride , which is what we did when i worked in a main car dealership a few years ago and i don't remember getting told no

Top Bottom