bib shorts - your experience of these manufacturers please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scilly Suffolk

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Can we have the ones you don't like?

Of course Mate; let me know when you're down my way and I'll lay-on tea and cake too!

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Really interested to know what shorts you've gone for? Reading your other thread and feedback from this suggest the Shutt clothing could be worth buying.

Quite tempted by the classic bib shorts but i'd be grateful to know which you've gone for and how you find them once arrived.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

I picked up two pairs of Nalini's for £12 a while back, I forget the model but there 6 panel iirc, not the thickest of pads but surprisingly comfortable, mine are excellent vfm imo.
My most comfortable pair (best padded) are my Santini bib longs.
My brother also bought at the start of summer on the basis of their reviews, the only negative review was that 'the pad was too thick', perfect :thumbsup:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've got, in order of preference, Nike, Pearl izumi, Briko and Altura. I regularly ride 130 - 150 miles in everything but the Altura. I use those for commuting but feel if anything that they have too much padding

Sent while following my Garmin's instructions

Wobblers

Euthermic
The problem with shorts is that everyone's different so what suits me may not be ideal for you.

Saying that, there are brands that tend to get recommended more than others.

I'm not impressed with the pad in Lusso coolmax shorts, but their Progel shorts are outstanding - in fact, they're just about the most comfortable shorts for under £60 that I've tried. You'll see plenty of people wearing them on the FNRttC, which is as good a recommendation as you're likely to get.

Santini's coolmax pad is good - you can get the Santini Top from Prendas for £40 and it's very good indeed. I've no qualms about wearing them for long club runs.

I've found Altura ProGel shorts good for short distances, but uncomfortable after a couple of hours in the saddles.

mr Mag00

rising member
dhb order smaller than youthink you need!

OP
OP
Scilly Suffolk

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Really interested to know what shorts you've gone for? Reading your other thread and feedback from this suggest the Shutt clothing could be worth buying.

Quite tempted by the classic bib shorts but i'd be grateful to know which you've gone for and how you find them once arrived.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

I got the Shutt Classic bibs: they were promptly delivered, a good fit (Shutt size by height rather than waist, which makes sense), good quality and having ridden some distance (including a 200km stint) in them can report that they are very comfortable.

I'll be buying some more!

sabian92

Über Member
I've got DHB bibs - comfy and prevent chaffing, but they could pad them slightly more, but that's personal.

Beaker39

I got the Shutt Classic bibs: they were promptly delivered, a good fit (Shutt size by height rather than waist, which makes sense), good quality and having ridden some distance (including a 200km stint) in them can report that they are very comfortable.

I wonder how good the Pro ones are? How can they be £50 better? Still tempted though :whistle:

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!

Really good to hear - how did you go about getting yours that much cheaper? :thumbsup:

Top Bottom