1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bib shorts

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by rich p, 13 Oct 2007.

1. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

My wife is an intelligent woman with a PhD and an independent mind who commands my respect in many ways, so why, oh why does she have to p*ss herself laughing every ( yes every) time she sees me in my bib shorts?
    Grow up woman for God's sake:angry::biggrin:

I don't laugh every time she gets her cellulite out:ohmy::ohmy:

2. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Bib-shorts are the sexiest article of clothing ever invented - according to a err, recent poll. (ahem)

3. TVC

TVC Living La Mala Vida

I get entirely the opposite reaction from my Mrs when I put on the bibs - she starts purring:biggrin:

4. They pay to see male strippers like the Chippendales strutting around in them and then taking them off...so why do they find us so hysterically funny in them ?

5. gavintc

gavintc Guru

My wife finds leg warmers hilarious, especially if I put these on before bib shorts.

6. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Decent pair of wranglers, nice light stretchy material, bicycle clip or tuck into your socks. Won't get arrested if you take a wrong turn into a school playground either

7. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I'm not sure Chris Barrie did Bib shorts any favours when he appeared in a Red Dwarf episode wearing them.

Generally unless you're built like an italian greyhound you're going to, well, look a bit of a d!ck in them...

...but they are comfy...

8. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

I wished I did....I just look like a fat bastard :biggrin:

9. Joe

Joe Über Member

I feel like Borat going swimming whenever I put mine on:biggrin:

10. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

My wife likes my knee-length bib shorts. You've got to have a waist though or they look terrible.

11. Membrane

Membrane New Member

Not a flattering sight to use suspenders to hold up your pants. Particularly with shorts, I mean would anyone wear suspenders to hold up their underwear?

12. k-dog

k-dog New Member

The easiest way to take them off is to take your shorts off first but there's not really a way to do that without looking ridiculous.

13. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Because even the most desirable of men looks like a reject from a Mr. Muscle advert when wearing b*bs... They are not the most attractive of attire.

14. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Bibshorts are a BIG no !

Normal shorts YES !

BIBTIGHTS = YES !

Repeat: Bibshorts are a BIG no ! :biggrin:

15. lol, I look great in my bib shorts. Only this morning I looked in the mirror, and along with my nike sleevless base layer, I had to congratulate myself on how athletic I looked, could have been up for a 100 metre sprint. Sounds like there's a few salad dodgers on here!!