Bib Tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wilko

wilko

Veteran
Sysagent said:
I have some of the bib tights you have just ordered, the tights themselves are very good and comfortable (the pad is excellent) but the zip's are shite, both of them have busted within a month on me...

I ordered these last week for the cold day commutes:-

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Merston_Hi_Viz_Tights_2010/5360045078/

If you read the info on them it states the following:-

dhb are always striving to have the best quality products in the market place, this season see's the introduction to an even stronger lock down ankle zipper.

So they know there is an issue with the zipper quality on previous offerings and yes the zip is a whole lot more thicker and of better quality, also the visibility patch things are excellent and the bibs keep you very warm!

If you haven't got them or removed the tags or anything my advise would be to send them back and get the newer improved ones if you can afford the extra £££

Hmmmm, it's too late to cancel my order, so I will have a look at them, maybe I will exchange them for the more expensive ones.

redjedi

Über Member
I've got the older style Merston ones and I'm very happy with them.

They do me well throughout the winter, although as I'm in London the temp won't drop much below freezing.

The zips are a minor concern for me, but as long as I'm carefull and make sure there's no tension on the zip when I do them up, then they hold fine. It's just fiddly putting them on.
If you can afford to go for the next ones up with the new zips. If not don't worry, just be careful when doing them up.

I often wear some lycra shorts underneath so keep them frsher for a few days. Most of my shorts though have pads, so I get double padded comfort on my commutes ;)

Top Bottom