Bib Tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have those, good tights at a sensible price. Def commando, if its cold outside nowt will stick out:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Noodley

I've been wearing the same pair for the past 2 winters and they are really good. Very comfortable, extra layer of fabric in the knees, good pad and a good fit. A good buy.

The only 'wear and tear' is the logo which has started to fade due to repeated washing.

Tynan

Veteran
winter three here and still going strong barring a few small holes from one serious and one nasty accident

they're good gear, you'll be loving them over the winter

l4dva

Guru
Just out of interest, in these cold times (4/5'c cold which in my opinon is bloody freezing!) Would you guys just be wearing a pair of bibs like the dnb one mentioned above?? obv im talking about for covering your legs only?

I am thinking of getting some of these but I want something that will deff keep my legs warm, in the mornings my legs get real cold at the moment. Obv for top half, ill be wearing a base layer/jersey and jacket

Noodley

4-5 degrees is fine.

I got some Endura Thermo Bibs for this winter as I found the DHB's don't manage the real cold (it was minus 6 with me this morning!) but are fine on their own down to low degrees above zero.

I mostly ride in the Glens and Hills of Angus, Perthshire and Aberdeenshire and they don't quite manage on the really cold days, but I have worn them going over Glen Shee, The Lecht, and Cairn O'Mount in winter when it was below zero - fine going uphill when you are working but you can feel the chill biting going down the way....

Noodley

l4dva said:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Endura_Thermolite_Bib_Tights_with_Pad/5360041036/

Are these the ones your talking about? A little bit more than what I would have liked to have spent, but I suppose id much rather be warm in those than freezing my ass off in the dnb's.

These ones:
http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3465

I picked them up cheap in a Ribble sale a few months ago for about 35 quid I think.

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
I have some of the bib tights you have just ordered, the tights themselves are very good and comfortable (the pad is excellent) but the zip's are shite, both of them have busted within a month on me...

I ordered these last week for the cold day commutes:-

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Merston_Hi_Viz_Tights_2010/5360045078/

If you read the info on them it states the following:-

dhb are always striving to have the best quality products in the market place, this season see's the introduction to an even stronger lock down ankle zipper.

So they know there is an issue with the zipper quality on previous offerings and yes the zip is a whole lot more thicker and of better quality, also the visibility patch things are excellent and the bibs keep you very warm!

If you haven't got them or removed the tags or anything my advise would be to send them back and get the newer improved ones if you can afford the extra £££

Marin Maniac

I've just bought a pair of Endura Thermolite abd DHB Merston's and have to say I prefer the DHB's!

The DHB's seem much better made and quality.

davidg

my personal prefence is to wear ones without padding over my shorts/bibshorts...

certainly reduces the need for washing the tights so often plus padding can be crap in that type of thing (although I see that one has good reviews, having said that....).

Top Bottom