Bicycle indicators, Winkku.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Surprised BlackPanther hasn't made his own indicators.

His other DIY solutions have been inspiring. Particularly the mudguard extension.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
drivers are just gonna think they are "warning/give me space" lights and completely miss the point that your indicating. also useless in the day time....

those things are gonna get you squashed !!!!! :sad:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think there is a use for indicators on bikes - motorists are used to seeing such things on motorised bicycles so I think they'd understand them.

There are times I find myself unable to indicate by hand because I'm having to use that hand to brake and I must admit I don't like turning without indicating, and there is also the fact my new gloves don't have any reflective material on them so if it's dark I doubt anyone would notice me indicating.

But I'm afraid I do think both of the OP's suggested solutions look pretty dreadful!

I agree that drivers are used to seeing them on motorbikes, but regarding a bicycle they're looking for a different signal... ie, your arm

...and a must for cycling gloves is they can be seen, thay are after all your indicators ;)

in fact this is what I've been looking for for a while... iron on reflective strips

I understand your point though, there's one down hill in lancaster with a left turn which I simply cannot indicate on due to braking so i can take the corner safely.

Holdsworth

Über Member
Are those iron on strips able to be applied to my Aldi cycling gloves? They say it takes a medium/high heat for 12 seconds to make them adhere so I was wondering if they are safe to use on the fabric that the gloves are made of?

Are those iron on strips able to be applied to my Aldi cycling gloves? They say it takes a medium/high heat for 12 seconds to make them adhere so I was wondering if they are safe to use on the fabric that the gloves are made of?

I've bought those strips from that seller before. Ironed them on Waterproof altura gloves and some cannondale fabric ones ok (and cycle jackets)

I did melt a bit of rubber on the Cannondale gloves, probably my mistake. I think the instructions say use a tea towel in between iron and strips. I found, in the end, just using the pointy tip of the iron worked better, only on the bit you are attaching (still use a tea towel).
Just be very careful on thin windproof pertex type fabric, that melts!!!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it's going to be trial and error re: iron on anything and random fabric... I was looking at ironing them onto neoprene canoeing gloves but according to some 'answers' site, the neoprene will melt :sad:

+1 to tea towel beteewn iron and strip

+1 to using the tip of the iron only

...also, put some card or something inside the glove just incase you weld it shut!

Mine are on order, will let you know how disasterous it is :tongue:

Top Bottom