Bicycle parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dale 1956

I'm still having trouble getting parts with this covid19 times but they are getting here but way to slow for my liking. It took over a mouth to get a bottom bracket but it came from you know it Japan go figure. Redoing my touring bicycle and getting the parts are driving me crazy. I guess I should not worry to much here because it's getting to cold here to ride.But I like to get things done when I have the time. Yes I am retired here but I still have things to do for the woman here she need things as well.We have very little bicycle place here in Caribou Maine so that's why I have my own work shop and because I know how to work on them and that saves me a lot of money well sometimes it does.With this covid19 crap going on here we all are having trouble getting part's from what I have heard.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Yup. Same here. The shop is continuing lay ringing withe the cry ‘not in stock’. Luckily it’s a charitable enterprise where people donate unwanted bikes for refurb/resale. This means we have a stock of second hand bits available. Happy to have a look if you are wanting something, and will post from UK.

I'm still having trouble getting parts with this covid19 times but they are getting here but way to slow for my liking. It took over a mouth to get a bottom bracket but it came from you know it Japan go figure. Redoing my touring bicycle and getting the parts are driving me crazy. I guess I should not worry to much here because it's getting to cold here to ride.But I like to get things done when I have the time. Yes I am retired here but I still have things to do for the woman here she need things as well.We have very little bicycle place here in Caribou Maine so that's why I have my own work shop and because I know how to work on them and that saves me a lot of money well sometimes it does.With this covid19 crap going on here we all are having trouble getting part's from what I have heard.
Have you tried ebay?
There are lots of unused bits available there from folk clearing their spares boxes.
Got an octalink bottom bracket yesterday for £9.30 plus UK to UK postage.

OP
OP
Dale 1956

Dale 1956

Yup. Same here. The shop is continuing lay ringing withe the cry ‘not in stock’. Luckily it’s a charitable enterprise where people donate unwanted bikes for refurb/resale. This means we have a stock of second hand bits available. Happy to have a look if you are wanting something, and will post from UK.
Thanks so much for the offer I just got an e-mail some of my parts should be here on the 17th well we will see lol. I may take you up on the offer if the parts don't show up.

OP
OP
Dale 1956

Dale 1956

There are many shortages unfortunately.
Yes to much for sure. When will this end or better yet when will this covid19 end?

There are still so many shortages, it's wild. A friend works for a medium sized manufacturer in Andorra, and wheels they ordered from DT which were supposed to arrive in July are now scheduled for 2023... still a year or two of issues ahead. Demand does look to be softening a bit though.

OP
OP
Dale 1956

Dale 1956

There are still so many shortages, it's wild. A friend works for a medium sized manufacturer in Andorra, and wheels they ordered from DT which were supposed to arrive in July are now scheduled for 2023... still a year or two of issues ahead. Demand does look to be softening a bit though.
Man that sucks for sure.

OP
OP
Dale 1956

Dale 1956

That's just not right at all.

Top Bottom