Bicycle Repair and Recycling Charities - UK. The Map and List.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big John

Legendary Member
Is anyone involved in Shropshire Cycle Hub? I filled out their volunteer application form a couple of months ago and haven't heard a thing. Maybe they just don't need help.

It's a shame when you offer to help somewhere and you never get a response - or it takes ages to get a response. I've had similar experiences :sad:

It's a shame when this happens but sadly it does. I'm involved with a bike charity where I'm sure you this happens but when I got involved the chap in charge was on top of everything, including admin. The guy in charge now is a great mechanic but hopeless at organising or keeping on top of admin. You may have to be pushy to get in but once you're in you can learn a lot and actually help folks, which is very rewarding. If cycling is your hobby then it's like being a kid in a sweetshop surrounded by really interesting stuff. I know it's frustrating but persevere and don't give up.
 

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Location
Canonbie
Pedallers Arms, Leeds.

https://pedallers-arms.org/

It's a workshop where you can take you bike and work on it yourself. Or in my case, actually build it completely from the frame up. They've got all the tools, including the ones you might only use once, headset press and suchlike. Lots of stands. There are volunteers around to give tips, such as "er, the drive side cup on a bottom bracket is a left hand thread". Nice people, "donate as you can" type thing.

Closely related to The Bike Mill, which used to be upstairs, but has now moved, so the text of the address is correct (Meanwood Road), but the location on the map is wrong - I don't think I can edit the map here, can somebody else please?

To be clear:
Pedallers Arms is on Mabgate:
Pedallers’ Arms
37 Mabgate Green
Leeds
LS9 7DS


Leeds Bike Mill is on Meanwood Road:
https://leedsbikemill.org/find-us/

Thanks, I've edited the map, and also added the Seacroft one.
 
Top Bottom