Is anyone involved in Shropshire Cycle Hub? I filled out their volunteer application form a couple of months ago and haven't heard a thing. Maybe they just don't need help.
It's a shame when you offer to help somewhere and you never get a response - or it takes ages to get a response. I've had similar experiences![]()
Pedallers Arms, Leeds.
https://pedallers-arms.org/
It's a workshop where you can take you bike and work on it yourself. Or in my case, actually build it completely from the frame up. They've got all the tools, including the ones you might only use once, headset press and suchlike. Lots of stands. There are volunteers around to give tips, such as "er, the drive side cup on a bottom bracket is a left hand thread". Nice people, "donate as you can" type thing.
Closely related to The Bike Mill, which used to be upstairs, but has now moved, so the text of the address is correct (Meanwood Road), but the location on the map is wrong - I don't think I can edit the map here, can somebody else please?
To be clear:
Pedallers Arms is on Mabgate:
Pedallers’ Arms
37 Mabgate Green
Leeds
LS9 7DS
Leeds Bike Mill is on Meanwood Road:
https://leedsbikemill.org/find-us/
That doesn't seem to be a link to the website of Shropshire Cycle Hub. If I click on the thing you posted I just get a picture of a screenshot. Is that what you mean?The map is very useful indeed but could be (imho) even better if clicking on an entry could include a direct website link to that particular entry. For example:
View attachment 823795
The map is very useful indeed but could be (imho) even better if clicking on an entry could include a direct website link to that particular entry. For example:
View attachment 823795

Thanks, I've edited the map, and also added the Seacroft one.
Well, I don't know what it's like from your end, but on a macos chrome browser, if I click on any of the icons on the map, a side panel appears with more details. Including a weblink, presumably if Anne has been supplied with one. I suppose it's one extra click, rather than an embedded link on google map itself, but hardly the most onerous of web use.That is a screenshot of my suggestion, not a working link. I don't have the skills to do the necessary technical 'whatever it's called'.
Well, I don't know what it's like from your end, but on a macos chrome browser, if I click on any of the icons on the map, a side panel appears with more details. Including a weblink, presumably if Anne has been supplied with one. I suppose it's one extra click, rather than an embedded link on google map itself, but hardly the most onerous of web use.
Hah. Just checked using Opera and all's well 😀 Thx again Scotsbikester. Will reinstall Chrome. 🤞