Bidon carrying solutions on Suspension MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Even my lingo gives me a away as a roadie.....

So where on earth do a put a bidon on this:

Tried the seat post on both sides but not quite enough space finally.

Can only imagine on the top tube up close towards the headset ?

Just can't see me using a "rucksack".....

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You don’t you have a small rucksack and hydration bladder

ChrisEyles

Guru
A water bottle holder on the frame will get covered in shite and the bottle will likely fall out when you land a jump or bomb a downhill at some point.

Take a proper size backpack and you can take a Thermos of tea and a proper packed lunch - nothing better on an epic ride exploring the countryside. It's mountain biking, you're supposed to enjoy it, not look all serious faces like the tdf guys :laugh:

ChrisEyles

Guru
Nice bike though! Enjoy ^_^

The smallest Camelbak i've seen so far is the Hydrobak with 1.5ltrs capacity, does look nice and small and maybe something i could get on with.....
I came across to the darkside from the road about a year ago and quickly decided after looking at the state of my bike and myself that there was no way I was going to use a bidon with all the crap over everything. I went the Osprey route. An excellent bit of kit.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Struggling with that idea to be honest, not sure why as that seems to be the common solution.

I am just being a roadie drama queen and should just get on with it :laugh:

You are. Get on with it.

Camelbak is the answer. I use a bottle for short rides under 90 minutes. Over that I'll want a bit more drink,. Still use the camelbak all times as have tubes, multi tool, pump, waterproof spare gels/breakfast bar - just in case - remember you aren't near shops or can 'coast' to one).

iluvmybike

Über Member
I won't put a drinks bottle on a mtb full stop - they get covered in all sorts of cacky stuff - mud, animal poo etc and become a health liability. The hydration packs are neat and light so you don't notice them

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
You are. Get on with it.

Camelbak is the answer. I use a bottle for short rides under 90 minutes. Over that I'll want a bit more drink,. Still use the camelbak all times as have tubes, multi tool, pump, waterproof spare gels/breakfast bar - just in case - remember you aren't near shops or can 'coast' to one).

Micro (teeny weeny) Camelbak on it's way, that's still 1.5ltrs though and still enough space for a toothpick.

Top Bottom