Big birthday - what did you buy that you didn't need

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by aberdeenian, 15 Sep 2007.

1. aberdeenian

aberdeenian New Member

I've a biggish birthday in a couple of days (ends in a zero) and I keeping thinking I should mark the occasion with a new bike, despite being perfectly happy with the (3) bikes I already have.

So the question is - what pointless purchase have you made to try and forget a big birthday?:smile:

2. John Ponting

John Ponting Über Member

I resigned a golf club membership, claimed back the compulsary debenture for new club house and bought a motorbike. Thought it was just a fad but eventually got to riding (ok, motoring) 12k miles a year including many trips to Alpes and Pyrenees. 22 years it only goes out a couple of times a month but TODAY IS THE DAY - just about to go for a sedate run around the local B roads on way to visit mother in hospital.

3. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I blew a lot of money on a top spec Yamaha keyboard years back....then hardly used it.....and sold it for less than half of what I paid for it....DOH!

4. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

one of those PSP thingys.....used it twice, now up for sale

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I have a Fender Stratocaster addiction...;)

6. dangerousjules

dangerousjules Über Member

i bought an expensive inversion rack from selfridges on a whim three years ago...dangled upside down once! i now look at it and think what a prat i was!

7. Lefire

Lefire New Member

for my 30th I got married. It certainly wasn't pointless but it was bloody expensive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice