Big birthday - what did you buy that you didn't need

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aberdeenian

I've a biggish birthday in a couple of days (ends in a zero) and I keeping thinking I should mark the occasion with a new bike, despite being perfectly happy with the (3) bikes I already have.

So the question is - what pointless purchase have you made to try and forget a big birthday?:smile:

I resigned a golf club membership, claimed back the compulsary debenture for new club house and bought a motorbike. Thought it was just a fad but eventually got to riding (ok, motoring) 12k miles a year including many trips to Alpes and Pyrenees. 22 years it only goes out a couple of times a month but TODAY IS THE DAY - just about to go for a sedate run around the local B roads on way to visit mother in hospital.

stevenb

I blew a lot of money on a top spec Yamaha keyboard years back....then hardly used it.....and sold it for less than half of what I paid for it....DOH!

i bought an expensive inversion rack from selfridges on a whim three years ago...dangled upside down once! i now look at it and think what a prat i was!

Top Bottom