1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big blokes and base layers that fit

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 12 Oct 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I am a big bloke & stuggle to find stuff that fits. But the DHB base layer from wiggle in an xxl size does fit and actually has long enough arms...and costs £19.99. I just thought I'd post that in case others might benefit.

2. starseven

starseven Guest

Good to know, why is cycling stuff two sizes smaller than it should be??

Also Helly Hanson base layers v small, but Berghaus fine.

3. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

because cyclists are often two sizes smaller than they should be I suppose...except the big ones.

4. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I dunno whether it's ok to refer people to other fora, but Another Cycling Forum has a useful thread on size variations in cycling clothing - they might appreciate your posting this there BTFB. Not a bad resource for anyone else wondering what a particular brand's sizing is like.

5. Joe

Joe Über Member

6. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

..sorry...yes I have the £9.99 version ..that is what I meant. I payed £19.99 for the base layer and a spec mini wedge saddle bag..or rather i didnt pay anything 'cos wiggle paid it all for me and then sent me a bag of sweets as well.